Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May not be everyone's cup of tea.. I found it a bit too over the top with I first installed it as well

Anyway, just thought it's nice to share with you all. All comments welcome

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Under chassis lights are not to my taste and probably not to most people's on the forum. But I reckon it would look better if you could somehow position the lights so that the light on the floor forms a continuous glow, rather than being able to see that the light is coming from individual tubes, if you get what I mean? That would look more fast&furious style [;)] I think the front tube should be positioned further back..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
In fact, I think all the tubes should be positioned further inward to give a more subtle and uniform glow.

·
Registered
518 Posts
How about some more pics?
Ditto, show us some clearer pics of the car.

As Rye and Gary have already said, you may be in for some stick for the neons.

But at the end of the day, its your car and what you like that counts....

·
Registered
438 Posts
May not be everyone's cup of tea.. I found it a bit too over the top with I first installed it as well

Anyway, just thought it's nice to share with you all. All comments welcome
To be honest, ignoring the neons, I think your car looks pretty nice mate!

Even taking into account the neons, I've seen a hell of a lot worse. I
maybe a darker colour would work better, and you need to mount them a
bit further inboard!

My little brother has some green neons on one of his BMXs....... Ill try and get some pics of him!

Peter

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rye: Thanks dude I get what you mean. I've had a rework on it and now the light looks growing from the middle and forming a ring.

Gary: The alloy description was 'urban racer - gold' but in real it just looks bronze.. I do love to show more pics under the same post but apparently i could only attach one pic per post? hard to show more unless someone tell me how to attach mult pics in a post

Gareth: Yeh totally prepared for it. Again, I would love to show more clearer pics but dont know how to attahc more than one pic per post. please help

Golfzzin: Yeh man i can hear it crying for it too!! but here's a question: I found that the clearance (the gap between the bottom of the bumper and the ground) at the front is much smaller than the clearance at the back. If i go for a suspension kit which gives the car an all round drop of 50-60mm, the front bumper will kiss the ground while the back is doing ok. how did every one get round this when they lowered theirs?

Andymac: How do you know? The body paint used to be white to be honest. sigh i've stayed there too long now havent I.

Peanutjb: Green neons on his BMX ?? show me the pics please lol.

Thanks for all other comments made by all of you too. just one more thing, what is the RR day? when's the next one? (yeh i'm newbie..)

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I'm not a fan of exterior lighting but each to their own and good on you for posting pics [Y]

RR Day - Rolling Road, used to measure the power your car puts out. Good for a day out if theres a load of you. For Details of one thats just happened, and any up coming days, check the Meets and Events forums out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gaz6R32: Haha I wouldn't mind my bora being called vw spaceship.. It actually sounds quite cool muahaha..

Thanks Tabs, the RR day must be fun. Anyway how do i attach more than 1 pic per post. Need that answered too cheers. [Y]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts