Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone be interested in a group buy for splitters from a bora gli

Ican't find them in the uk but you can order from the us for?50 plus lots of postage!!

may be cheaper to post a few in bulk anyone interested and i'll start the ball rolling

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the bit with the obvious line below the standard bumper looks like an anniversary lip with two extra air ducts in

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi i would be interested i was looking at your post earlier and went to the ecs link in ohio yep cheap enough for the item but well expensive for postage ??? i would def take one

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've had a look and it seems if you order more the price goes down a bit but not much. i reckon about ?100 per bumper for 3+ and thats the cheapest it will go.

https://www.performance-cafe.com and http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=1.8T&model=Jetta%20IV&submodel=&category=Exterior

both do them and price varies slightly between numbers

considering an anniversary one costs around ?250 -300 its not too bad

you can apparently onlt fit to us bora and uk golf i dont know about uk bora although should do i imagine.

here's how http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1785997

so who's in and i'll sort the figures out before finallising amount

also i'm in isleworth middlesex, so i'll have to post from here or you can pick up

i'm not a dealer or anything i just want a gli bumper myself and am trying to figure out how to do it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
count me in send me your address and i will send a cheque i live in northern ireland you can forward by post when they arrive just send postage cost from you to me cheers

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just a thought, but as the Performance Cafe website gives the part
number and states that the valance is made by VW in Germany, there may
be a cheaper way of getting hold of it. May be worthwhile asking
someone like Shaq if it can be sourced from Europe rather than the US.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i may be interested if the price drops a bit.

As far as i understand its just a couple of screws and some clips for the fitting on a euro bora, can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Just a thought, but as the Performance Cafe website gives the part
number and states that the valance is made by VW in Germany, there may
be a cheaper way of getting hold of it. May be worthwhile asking
someone like Shaq if it can be sourced from Europe rather than the US.
thats a good idea.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Hi all
that looks realy good
If you chaps want i can call a very good friend of mine at a main VW dealer in Germany and have a look at the price from there
it is bound to be alot cheper from there

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that would be great i'm sure that'll be cheaper than america can offer us

see if they can do it for under ?100

sweet looks like this will work out.[:O]

·
Registered
180 Posts
yes, yes, o-yey!!! i want, i want. if some one could tell me it fits the bora im deffently in wouldnt care if it was costing ?200.

neil.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hi

Okay i've passed the part numbers for both the the GLi splitter and the R/C/R/C lights onto my contact in the states and he will be coming back with prices shortly. Again both items are large and heavy and with be a pain to get thru customs but if the price is right and members are still interested then i will run some GBs shortly.

Zeke

@ Matt. If you feel i'm stepping on your toes highjacking this thread let me know and i will pull out.

Otherwise keep an eye on the GB threads

1 - 20 of 53 Posts