Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hello everyone!

Hope your all doing fine. Just started this thread because i had a conversation with a EUROPL8 regarding pressed plates. They are usually £38, however i called up and asked if there were x number of us frm uk-mkivs if they could give them to us at disocunt. The lady i spoke to on the phone agreed after some time to £25 per pair. You will need to bring your V750 (proof of registration) and proof of id. This is a fantastic price and a significant discount on the original price. I have owned Dubmeister plates beforehand and although they are good i did see some flaking on my plates and i hear europl8 are great quality (IMO they look better than dubmeister but thats down to you all).

ALSO CAN GET THE PLATES DELIVERED FOR ABOUT £5-6 ON TOP OF THE MENTIONED PRICE. OTHER OPTION IS I CAN GET THEM ALL DELIVERED TO ME AND THEN I CAN POST THEM OUT INDIVIDUALLY WHICH MAY WORK OUT CHEAPER. WHATEVER EVERYONE PREFERS HERE SO COMMENT ON THE PREFERENCE.

We need 10 orders to get it at this price and once you are there i will organise a code you mention to get it at the price, but before i can get or PM everyone this code ( or if there is alot of interest add it into this post) i need numbers. Please replt ASAP and if we can get say 20/30 who knows we may even get them at £20 each. They also sell plate holders which will be £10 if you buy plates but i can sort something out if we order alot aswell, so when you post please mention if you require just plates or plates + surrounds. ( i dont know which style surrounds they are so i know its not much info but you can get them for cheap enough from awesome gti, main thing is the plates).

Below are links of what they look like....

http://www.audi-spor...sed-plates.html

Please get back ASAP and i can try and sort this.

Regards all, & hope to see you all at UD.

PS - Sorry admins i posted this twice, wasnt sure which forum it would go in, so feel free to delete whichever is in the wrong section, or keep both for more views haha!

Group Buy List

1) msmmr

2) Flygunboy

3) ProjectMick

4) Tungmeister

5)Andrewpat1994

6)Tombarker1991

7)Redcap

8)Pepy

9)cammy_1984

10)krugadubs

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Not to pee on the proverbial bonfire but mine were £20 from a seller on :ebay: used and recommended by a couple of people on here..

C8BF6089-9968-4661-B5F2-8A2D4A6AA01F_zps

turnaround was really quick and service was spot on.

I'm only posting as I feel it's worth noting and I was really pleased with them, it just seems fair.

Maybe upon close inspection mine are slightly less 'euro style' (less chunky font) but they are legal and they do look good :clap:

I would imagine if you could get 20 / 30 people you could get an even better price from the seller I got mine from. Sorry to Hijack like!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya buddy,

No worries, its just an opinion and some people who see this thread may like yours and end up purchasing the one you have as they do look good bud. Only reason for me posting was i wanted to buy them from someone who had rave reviews as my dubmeister ones did dissapoint me so didnt want to get some poor quality ones again. I know Dubmeister are usually highly reccomended and mine may be a one off but i have seen the Europl8 and they look amazing IMO and fantastic quality, so just thought id post to see if anyone was interested. At 10 buys including myself for the plates that retail at £38 i think its a bargain at £25 and maybe even £20 if we can get 20 people..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not to pee on the proverbial bonfire but mine were £20 from a seller on :ebay: used and recommended by a couple of people on here..

turnaround was really quick and service was spot on.

I'm only posting as I feel it's worth noting and I was really pleased with them, it just seems fair.

Maybe upon close inspection mine are slightly less 'euro style' (less chunky font) but they are legal and they do look good :clap:

I would imagine if you could get 20 / 30 people you could get an even better price from the seller I got mine from. Sorry to Hijack like!
Have these got the correct markings though? can't seem to see them in the pic.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I understand mate in all fairness if I hadn't got the recommendation from @Co4 for the ones I've got I would have probably been the first to comment here haha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha yeah fair point mate, but since its a good deal, very highly reccomended and imo look gr8 i think for anyone looking for some, its a no brainer! They can also have a look when they go to UD to see if they like it too, no obligtation to buy beforehand. (ha sound like a blaaady lawyer!)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yeah I'm feeling it now mate I'm surprised more people haven't already put their names down, give it time, it's a worthwhile upgrade and it's cheap really on the scale of things for a good exterior mod it's one of the obvious ones . I
I could do with sorting the lights out on mine at the back, would make a massive difference but I think I'll leave the lights alone for now after recent experience haha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha I had the same problem as you bud. Changed my license plate lights to led ones and the battery died ..nearly had a heart attack at the time as I've had hell of a lot of problems with the motor. Lucky was just a flat battery and looks awesome now just waiting on the pressed plates. As you say hopefully we get more interest soon and get some snapped up!

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
nice deal, but too late for me, got my Dubmeister ones end of last year.......

+1 for the LED number plate lights a must for pressed plates...

Reactions: squares

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BUMP guys, going to ring them tomorrow but as of today only 2 people interested. Anyone else please post quickly otherwise the Group Buy will be inactive and the chance will be Gone. As a heads up due to the low interest price will most probably be £25 again.

Regards

·
Multi-tasking. Slowly.
2,639 Posts
These do look good, the thing is not everyone is going to UD, I like the look of them but obviously wouldn't be able to pick a set up (as I'm not going). Might be worth asking them about a group buy with postage, you may get a bit more interest?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They can do Delivery which will be £5-6 on top so around £30 if anyone is interest..ill add it into the original post. @ProjectMick shall i add you to the list if its including delivery. Also if you want number plate surrounds it will probbaly ensure we can get the plates at £25 +del if interested?

·
Multi-tasking. Slowly.
2,639 Posts
I would want one, although I am waiting for replacement logbook at the minute, which they will need. If you can get a cut off time from them for orders I'll confirm. Cheers dude.

EDIT: I'm on the list for the forum plate holders at the minute so that's all good.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Regarding delivery which is the most preferred there wouldnt be a cut off time but it would be better once we get enough interest so we get it at a cheaper price. Hope we get some more interest soon i can get this sorted!

Regards

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK spoke to the guy and the final price is 30 delivered but we need to buy 10. If we get 10 orders before UD I can pick them up for 22 each and get them posted out to you all which will be a couple of quid less atleast. If its not in time for UD it'll be 30 or lower if we get more than 10. All down to the forum members now but I think its a great deal!!

·
Multi-tasking. Slowly.
2,639 Posts
Interested, but won't be ready for you to collect unfortunately. I'll keep an eye on this though for afterwards. Cheers for the efforts.

Reactions: B15AVK
1 - 20 of 82 Posts