Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a rubber/plastic grommet to fill the hole in the rear glass after removing the wiper motor [?]

·
Registered
345 Posts
Someone was selling them for a few quid on here a few months ago.

Fink i remember the geezer having them especially made. Search for 'tailgate flush' or something like that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
David,

if you have removed the rear wiper motor and don't want to keep it, I might take it off your hands [?].

I think i know the guy whom had the grommets, i'll do a search.......

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 23/09/2004 11:03:47

David,

if you have removed the rear wiper motor and don't want to keep it, I might take it off your hands [?].

I think i know the guy whom had the grommets, i'll do a search.......

It's knackered internally. I remember that post but can't find it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Removed my wiper cos of the hassles with the pipes and used a grommet from halford. Have siliconed it in place over 10 months ago and had no problems at all (touch wood).

·
Registered
63 Posts
When doing this "de-wiper" mod, how much of the motor mechanism do you have to remove? and how difficult is it? im not against a bit of DIY but i know VW can 'over engineer' parts of the car.. (if anyone has taken their doorcards off to reveal loads of bolts and metal sheeting will know what i mean!) Its just that i live in the lake district and although its endless empty A/B Roads make for the UKs best Automotive Playground, it also P*sses down all the time during winter months and i might not like not having a wiper and want to stick it back on. can i just remove the Spline that the wiper bolts onto, or is it a full motor/arm/mechanism out job??

cheers

·
Registered
274 Posts
The unit is very easy to remove, just pop off the back panel, remove the wiper itself and remove three nuts and the whole unit will drop out. Very easy to replace if needed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I took the rear wiper off of my 306, I replaced it with a grommet from a Pug 106.

They are specifically made for this purpose - the earlier lower model 106's didn't come with a rear wiper.

The grommet is a 3 piece solid plastic thing, with the blank on one side, a rubber washer and a bit that screws securely on the back to stop it from coming apart.

Did the job perfectly and only cost me about ?3 from local Pug parts desk.

I can post up a pic if u would like...

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by TimGti on 28/10/2004 18:28:14

Go to B&Q. They sell the right size and you get 10 in a pack for about ?1.

Anyone know what the correct size is, save me removing it before going to buy a grommet!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Quote: posted by Dubjon on 27/10/2004 11:21:15

When I took the rear wiper off of my 306, I replaced it with a grommet from a Pug 106.

They are specifically made for this purpose - the earlier lower model 106's didn't come with a rear wiper.

The grommet is a 3 piece solid plastic thing, with the blank on one side, a rubber washer and a bit that screws securely on the back to stop it from coming apart.

Did the job perfectly and only cost me about ?3 from local Pug parts desk.

I can post up a pic if u would like...

Hi mate you couldnt post a piccy , could you?, i would be interested in buying the pug one if its neat!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts