Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 air feeds coming out of my air filter, one is connected to the front of the car (below the headlight), the other is not connected up at the moment and is drawing up warm engine-bay air (baaaad)...

I was thinking of getting a grill cut out on the side of the fender (above the front passenger wheel arch) and routing the other air feed into there. I thought it'll look cool and sound nicer from outside the car.

My question is how do I go about this? I have no idea how anyone would go about doing this... do you cut the grill from the origional metal or is there another way? I'm not doing the job myself but I thought I should do some research before going somewhere and getting robbed ;oP

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds a bit silly but if you have a pipe connected in the wheel arch (and the forward one) is ther a chance of a large amount of air going straight through the air box??

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
you can get the grill from a sprinter van(i think that is what they are from)

cut a section out of your wing and have the new vent welded into place and smoothed over then re-spray the wing.

there was a picture on JBS web site.

jase...

·
Registered
83 Posts
i bought a sprinter vent the other day,

was from a salvage yard and the lad had used a grinder to chop it out the wing . . . genuine vent

?10

·
Registered
521 Posts
Save yourself the trouble of having the wing cut and welded and go too cool louvres i just had my wing done excellent job and good prices and any design..check out their website http://www.coollouvres.com/main-page.htm

Wing Venting
You can choose from 3 types of wing vent
Louvred wing ?30
Euro wing ?50
Transporter ?100
Prices quoted are based punching into your existing wing.
Euro and Transporter vents are pressed out of your existing wing i.e no welding or filling.
Louvred wings are punched directly into your wing.
Just about anything can be stencilled into you wings, see samples.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here's a pic of my sprinter vent ....

done in August 2002, it was welded, still looks good today.
Looks sweet... did u have the choice to get it welded anywhere on the wheel arch or only right at the top by the light?

Sorry gusy but what's the Sprinter?? I'm guessing a car model but which one?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
its from a Mercedes Sprinter van, the diesel one.

the only place it fitted right was on the driver side wing.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its from a Mercedes Sprinter van, the diesel one.

the only place it fitted right was on the driver side wing.
Thanx for that... it's a shame it only fit right on the driver side.... I wanted to fit it on the front passenger side... I think i'll pay www.coollouvers.com a visit and take it from there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Here are some pics of my project Bolf VWA

This is the Louvres on the n/s/f wing this more of a pratical option as opposed to a styling option as this will draw in cool air for the induction kit that i will fit later on.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice

When are you gonna get it painted and fitted? i'm curious now as to how it'll look on the car...

Looks like they did a quality job from the pics :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
looking to get her painted in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on some final parts, the front end will be complemented by a rs4 front bumper, i will post pics as soon as she is finished.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looking to get her painted in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on some final parts, the front end will be complemented by a rs4 front bumper, i will post pics as soon as she is finished.
Can't wait

1 - 18 of 18 Posts