Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rang up today to get a quote and spoke to Tony. Sounded quite a knowledgeable guy mentioned i'd seen neil on here and we got chattin about the golfs lol. Anyway, got a good quote. my renewal with flux was ?538 and got a quote from greenlight for ?512. That includes a variable mileage (but i'll do no more than 12k)

AND.. no more of that daft "fill in every mod you've ever had done to your car and remember the shoe size of the guy who fitted the mods for ya" form from adrian flux.. and only ?15 for the privilege of doing all the work yourself ! hoping adding mods will be an easier, cheaper and less painful process than with flux ! flux charged me to add anni discs to my policy and greenlight don't - superb ! they only charge for bhp increases and substantially expensive parts, brembos, lm's etc !

They sound like they know their stuff too. No more trying to explain that a diverter valve isn't a dump valve to elephant ! [:)]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thumbs up to greenlight from me as well. I've just sorted my insurance with them and it came to ?999.64 with all mods declared including the Revo I shall be getting when the policy starts, for a 21 year old with 2 year NCB on my 1.8T. I think this is a pretty good deal considering my age and that Elephant wanted ?1060 for 10 months for my renewal, and they wouldn't have touched me with Revo and some other mods. I didn't speak to Neil as he was busy but the bloke I spoke to was very knowledgable and knew all about the mods I had.

Definite recomendation for Greenlight from me to.

Role on January 17th - Revoooooooooo time

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes they qouted me good in Nov ?480.00 all mods declared transferred policy and I am still waiting for my certificate....not good when you have to renew your tax tomorrow and the cover note they gave you has expired!!!! [:mad:] Would advise that you make sure they send your certificate out!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greenlight charge ?25 admin fee each time[:O]
but they also don't wanna charge you any extra for things such as uprated brakes (312mm anni fronts in my case) and a cd changer in the boot !

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yes they qouted me good in Nov ?480.00 all mods declared transferred policy and I am still waiting for my certificate....not good when you have to renew your tax tomorrow and the cover note they gave you has expired!!!! [:mad:] Would advise that you make sure they send your certificate out!
Doesn't seem like much changes, i remember members complaining about that years ago too. Thats one reason why i didnt bother going with them, Direct Line may not be mod-friendly and ever so slightly dearer, but the service is second to none, especially when the very worst happens.

·
Registered
920 Posts
greenlight charge ?25 admin fee each time[:O]
but they also don't wanna charge you any extra for things such as uprated brakes (312mm anni fronts in my case) and a cd changer in the boot !
jut my 2p mate but when i was with churchill or liverpool victoria they did not charge for any changes, ?25 admin fee each time is a rip off.

that may sway me next time as who i get my insurance with.[:D]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I would recommend them, they saved me ?100 on my insurance this year [Y]

They told me when I swapped to them that the admin fee only applies on your first application, and if you just renew with them there is no admin fee as they already have all your details.......

Dunno, but they are still the cheapest and don't penalise you for having mods [:D]

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Greenlight quoted me happy!

lol

They sent out the cover note promptly and then the certificate less than 2 weeks after that.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I recieved my cover note this morning, and I only phoned up to get a quote and sort my insurance on Wednesday.  I've sent all the info off already so I can't see a problem with not getting the certificate quickly.  The service I've had from them so far has been excellent.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i had emailed greenlight over the new year break, you would have thought they would have a skeleton staff on and last getting back to email quotes, i was wrong very quick.

and after all my other quotes of around ?1300 +

i had the quote back for ?890 (how cheap) and this was with the new wheels as my only mod (was not going to tell the other companies shh :p)

so it looks like thumbs up from me ( shame my insurance doesnt run out yet :(

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I went with Greenlight last May. They saved me ?250 compared to Bell Direct. Spoke to Neil and he was a great help. Although when I rang them up recently to list a load of new mods I was planning, they wanted receipts for all the items and fitting. Some items I don't have receipts for so i'm currently waiting to see what they say about that.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I recieved my cover note this morning, and I only phoned up to get a quote and sort my insurance on Wednesday. I've sent all the info off already so I can't see a problem with not getting the certificate quickly. The service I've had from them so far has been excellent.
Yes the service is very prompt. I orignally got all my paperwork (forms etc) next day.However as I said above I have yet to received my Certificate. I called them yesterday to tell them I have not got it yet and today I receive another cover note (just so I can tax my car I am told) I will now see how long it takes for the certificate to arrive. So thank god I am all legal now and not house bound as bought my tax this morning....what a nightmare!

This is not a reflection on how good they quoted me, they saved me quite a bit of money. I suppose the real test will be if anyone has to claim...how smooth will that be????

And good luck Adi, let us know what happens as like you I have not got receipts for everything!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep - GreenLight, gotta love 'em. None of my mods raised my premium and they even waived the admin charge every time I added a mod. Very highly recommended!

Wish the full cost of my ICE was included in my premium [:(]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Having just read this post I thought I'd give them a go to renew my R32 insurance.......and they were rubbish [:(]

I have 6 years NCB of which 4 have been gained through a 10 month bonus accelerator. If you add the months up that amounts to just over 5 full years NCB, however Greenlight were only prepared to give me 3 years, which is ridiculous. I've had no fines, no crashes, no nothing.

Guess I'll be sticking with Elephant for now unless Flux can do anything.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thumbs up to greenlight from me as well. I've just sorted my insurance with them and it came to ?999.64 with all mods declared including the Revo I shall be getting when the policy starts, for a 21 year old with 2 year NCB on my 1.8T. I think this is a pretty good deal considering my age and that Elephant wanted ?1060 for 10 months for my renewal, and they wouldn't have touched me with Revo and some other mods. I didn't speak to Neil as he was busy but the bloke I spoke to was very knowledgable and knew all about the mods I had.

Definite recomendation for Greenlight from me to.

Role on January 17th - Revoooooooooo time
Damn good deal, wonder what they'll quote me at renewal time also being 21 but with 4years ncb.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Having just read this post I thought I'd give them a go to renew my R32 insurance.......and they were rubbish [:(]

I have 6 years NCB of which 4 have been gained through a 10 month bonus accelerator. If you add the months up that amounts to just over 5 full years NCB, however Greenlight were only prepared to give me 3 years, which is ridiculous. I've had no fines, no crashes, no nothing.

You think thats bad, i couldnt even get a quote...

I have 10yrs NCB and 1 speeding fine thats off my lic in Sept.

Just because i live in Liverpool[:O] Shock horror.

Never ever had a problem getting a quote before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My insurance is up for renewal at the start of March. Currently with Directline paying around ?800 (Full no claims) with mods declared, although I have picked up an SP30 in October last year.

Now Directline are pretty much wanting the same again to renew and I have also got a very reasonable quote from Neil @ Greenlight for around ?560 (including protected no claims) - and the excesses are way better than Directline who are insisiting on quite a high accidental excess due to mods. I also gather that mods when delcared with Greenlight are insured on a like for like basis which is a big plus.

What I really want to know before making any final decisions is has anyone had any experience when it comes to making a claim with Greenlight - I know from past experience with myself and others that Directline's service is second to none, but I am just a little nervous making the jump to Greenlight not knowing how good they would be - afterall the ?250 annual saving off the policy could mean nothing if claims aren't handled effectively. Greenlight seems to get a lot of recommendations based on their prices, but I haven't seen a lot mentioned about the service. Any advice appreciated...

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

You think thats bad, i couldnt even get a quote...

I have 10yrs NCB and 1 speeding fine thats off my lic in Sept.

Just because i live in Liverpool[:O] Shock horror.

Never ever had a problem getting a quote before.
When I rang for my quote, they said they don't cover the north east (i.e. manchester and liverpool I guess) as there are loads of claims come from there, so they keep the premium prices down by insuring lowish risks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts