Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Sounds great, better volume of air, cleaner air too to a degree. You get a nice tshhh in the cabin too, if you're into that kind of thing.

David

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It even made the diesel sound a bit more throaty!! Well worth the ?36 or so, have a look in another thread titled Green Cotton Panel Filters and there are contact details for a fella @ Demon Tweeks, top bloke, good price amazing delivery!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
if you're talking about panel filters then i think the Green is considered to be the best for the mk4 because it is not oily like a K&N. But if you mean cone filter then i would go with a carbonio or evo cai.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've ordered a Green Cotton Panel Filter from Demon Tweeks after hearing good things about them on here, bit of a delay on it but it was the cheapest I could find.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It wont give you a VTEC surge of power or anything like that but it does allow air to move better which is much better for the engine as a whole. On the cosmetic side it does sound much better and less like a hairdrier than the engine does from stock.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I haven't had mine delivered yet so can't say, but from what I have read on here people seem happy with them and its worth it.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Blimey.. didn't know it gave a better sound too ! Best get my feet off the box and install it then ! [:D] Got my DIY CAI tubing today too [^]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do these actually noticably sound more agressive, considering they are still hidden away in the airbox, I did'nt think my friends K&N one sounded that different to stock?

Im havin a service next week, should I get one to put in rather than a new paper one?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 01/01/2005 10:56:42

oh, and where from etc?

Do a search, you will find details of Demon Tweeks doing them for ?36ish.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 01/01/2005 11:05:47

performance gain?

Over a dirty VW filter, yes.

Over a clean VW filter, negligable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts