Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon guys

Ive just got a set of net optic trim, but I can find the door handles (inside of the car) for sale anywhere. Are they are net optic or just plain black plastic. I was hoping they would be like the wood insert ones but with rhe net optic as the insert? anyone shed any light on this for me?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I get me some of these cant find em for love nor money.... started doing my trim today (first mod!!) [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Where can I get me some of these cant find em for love nor money.... started doing my trim today (first mod!!)
[Y] nice one

i still need two for the rears for myn but not getting them yet unless i can get them super cheap, just need a GT spec radio cage and i get fit the rear of my net optic

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap that tm tuning place is expensive!! $69 for ONE handle?

Wallace you keeping the net optic standard or modding it?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol wallace I got my car about the same time as you and have spent about the same on repairs, and also need thermostat replacing!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
dont know probably sand it at some point as i change my mind about things a lot lol

i know before i got one 4people i know were going to get one but with all the trouble i ve had . . there not but i love it drives nice and the MPG on the TDi's are good.

should see my fix repair list on my build think its page 5

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how did you find doing the boot micro switch? my boot warning light has stopped coming on (if boot is opened when the engine is running) also the car locks itself if the boot is open and all the doors are closed when engine is off. Is not fun when loading the weekly shop as when the car locks the alarm sets and then goes off every 2mins.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
how did you find doing the boot micro switch? my boot warning light has stopped coming on (if boot is opened when the engine is running) also the car locks itself if the boot is open and all the doors are closed when engine is off. Is not fun when loading the weekly shop as when the car locks the alarm sets and then goes off every 2mins.
Boot lights sorted very easy job to switch the lock over i ve just fitting a new connector when i have the time as the old one is nakerd from the water.

The golfs lock them selfs after so long as a security feature if you don't open the doors. both my switchers on the front doors are damaged so i have to open drivers door and put key in the ignition but it still dose it some times[:mad:]. Also i never shut the door unless anther door is open when i first get in the car. my like to lock it self a lot lol ill get that sorted one day.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the golfs electrics are crazy sometimes, my interior/map light exploded last year when I turned it on, after this the car would tell me the doors/boot were open when they were shut and I was driving, the central locking stopped working, the alarm would go off all the time. I think a loose wire in the map light unit led it shorting out and going bang which blew one of the fuses. All sorted now thanks to the forum.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
[Y] glad to here its all sorted matei, most my problems i didn't have a clue about have been diagnosed or sorted by help of this forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts