Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at leon's for a while now, ever since I went and looked in the showroom at the new FR for a friend, but he never purchased.

Anyway, just found this and I think I made a little mess.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=332394347

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=332394370

You can pick the above up for 20k. Thats the window price anyway. Thats actually a 2.0 TFSI version with full touring car bodykit, and thats very very creamable.

Theres also this, all yours for ?17k. This ones a 2.0 TDI sport. I like it as it is, but think I would prefer the paint plain like the top one.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=348947086

So, what are peoples thoughts on this? I can honestly say I like the first picture a hell of a lot!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those spy shots don't resemble the FR. For a start, those grills in the back aint there.

The picture above isn't an FR. Its the TFSI 2.0 Petrol, just with a bodykit, and gotta say, it ticks the cream boxes for me. I can just imagine that coming up behind me!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice car's, Whats the car going to be worth in 3-4 years though compared to ?22k for a mkV GTi?
The one above is 20k, presumably because of the bodykit etc.

The leon FR can be picked up brand stonking new for around ?16,300. Compare that to the 20-24k for the MKV GTI with the same engine and you got to accept that it will be worth less than thr GTI in 3 years time. Stick DSG on the Leon FR and you still only come to around 17.5-18k.

As for the interior, I like it, mighty groovy knob! [:D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMG!!!!! It comes in yellow too
Posted Image

Would anyone like to contribute to the buy Graham a Leon in yellow fund?!

Imagine the yellow with that bodykit above on it!

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Thought about getting a new Leon about six months ago, but couldn't afford the one I wanted. Sat in a black 2.0 Sport, and it was lovely. Very coupe like (ie not much room) but nice and snug how I like cars. You sit down quite low, and the back is usless for anyone apart from kids. But boy did I like it. When I see them on the road now they really look good. So I think once the wedding costs have been absorbed it could be back on the cards!!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need more tissues Graham? lol
Dunno, can't see anything, gone blind! [:D]

Whats the difference between the Cupra and FR? I know the FR has duel tailpipes and is badged up as an FR. I have the marketing bumph which Seat kindly sent me. They have rung me twice though askign if I want to buy and my car can be ready within a month to my specification. Got to say, that beats VW, but also says there aint a big demand.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
When I saw the first pictutres, I felt a rumbiling in my stomach and nearly threw up, but managed to overcome it. Then I saw the pic displaying the car in my least favourite colour, yellow, and I threw up a little in my mouth.

Absolutely disgusting, and TWENTY GRAND?! All yours mate

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a fan then Mike?! lol.

Twenty grand is the model in the first pic, no other model is 20k. ?17500 is their top price before you start adding the options.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I quite like it. But 20k is absurd for that particular model, though.

I think, with a lower stance, and closer multi-spoke wheels, it would sell that model a little more to other audiences.
Agree on the multispokes. Think black would look quite good on the silver one.

Don't think 20k is excessive though. Not when you consider it's got the same engine and running gear as the MKV GTI AND a full bodykit. That one also has sat nav etc. That's obviously a demo model though.

I think the Cupra will probably come with the 170 diesel lump in it and an equivalent petrol engine. Can't see it on the website at the moment.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I quite like it. But 20k is absurd for that particular model, though.

I think, with a lower stance, and closer multi-spoke wheels, it would sell that model a little more to other audiences.
Agree on the multispokes. Think black would look quite good on the silver one.

Don't think 20k is excessive though. Not when you consider it's got
the same engine and running gear as the MKV GTI AND a full bodykit.
That one also has sat nav etc. That's obviously a demo model though.

I think the Cupra will probably come with the 170 diesel lump in it
and an equivalent petrol engine. Can't see it on the website at the
moment.
Compared to the base model, it is quite expensive. I can't quite shake
the fact a MK5 costs the lighter shade of 19k and one of these can be
had for mid 16k. Bodykit and Satnav are not essential, so an extra 4k
to stand out from the crowd is a bit much IMO.

Wonder what my BBS's would look like on her [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Compared to the base model, it is quite expensive. I can't quite shake the fact a MK5 costs the lighter shade of 19k and one of these can be had for mid 16k. Bodykit and Satnav are not essential, so an extra 4k to stand out from the crowd is a bit much IMO.

Wonder what my BBS's would look like on her [:D]
With the FR, for 16k you will stand out anyway, the MKV don't have the bodykit on it for 19k. But anyway, know where your coming from. Don't see yellow GTI's though do you! [;)]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts