Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine new clutch fitted yesterday SACHS The car runs so good without any trouble now , I f you people remeber I had a post here regarding my MAF connector which was loste somewhere under the bonnet after connecting that my MPG has gone staright up from 19 MPG to 28-30 MPG for the same route where I use to drive & REVS does not play either now where before they use to go up down when the car use to be stationary.

Tommorow I am going to Wolverhampton From London Lets see what sort of MPG Ill get on the motorway?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well believe me or not including clutch & fitting it costed me ?209 , Which includes the clutch pressure plate & bearing whatever its called & labour.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wow thats a pretty good price! Where did you get the parts from and who fitted them for you? Sorry about all the questions, but my clutch keeps slipping and im not sure whether to go for a PD150 clutch or a sachs one.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Wow thats a pretty good price! Where did you get the parts from and who fitted them for you? Sorry about all the questions, but my clutch keeps slipping and im not sure whether to go for a PD150 clutch or a sachs one.
You may have to chnage flywheel for 150 clutch to fit? i think, not 100% sure..

Yeah the race engineering sachs clutch cost over ?400!

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Hi

I would agree with the standard part for that price.

We do the Sachs uprated clutch for the PD engines but I do believe that the uprated clutches for the 1.8T`s have been taken off the market just now anyway.

I could be wrong though.

Sarah

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah bump for the part numbers

What sort of money will i be talking about if i wanted a PD150 clutch with new fly wheel fitted @ my local stealers? Thinking of doing it when i service my car next, but i need a guide on price.

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Hi

The flywheel is usually something that you would not need to replace at the same time as the clutch if you do not let it slip for long.

The dual mass flywheel is around the ?600.00 + VAT mark so it is better to replace the clutch soon when it starts to slip.

The uprated Sachs clutch is not a genuine part number from the dealers I am afraid.

It is a great clutch the Sachs uprated one but be aware that there are standard ones too.

So if you do qet quoted a small amount for these then it could possibly be the standard one.

The clutch on the pd engines , that is the 130 , 160 , and 150 are all the same.

So in effect the PD130`s and PD1500`s have a more uprated clutch than the 160`s as standard

Sarah

·
Registered
453 Posts
I mean the part number from sachs, my company deals direct with sachs all i need is a part number. Do any of these ring a bell

:- 881864 99996 or 881864 999980. These are meant for a golf/bora ajm engine code.

Also, do you know if the cultch from a 150 will fit in a 115 pd tdi? From what i gather they are the same size.

Many thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
The same clutch is used in PD 130 and 150 but I am not sure about fitting in the 115.

The Dualmass flywheel from GSF parts for the pd130 amd 150 is ?230+vat and is made by LUK.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Does the same clutch fit the 115 tdi? From ETKA all i can tell is the Clutch Pressure plate and the Clutch Plate are the same size but different, so (that magic word) in theory a 150 clutch plate and pressure plate would fit????

Correct me if i am wrong

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
It is also to do with splines!!!

Not just the size.

If the part numbers are different then the answer would be no.

VAG will not just include another clutch set up if they was to all fit.

So I would say no.

Sorry :(

Sarah

·
Registered
453 Posts
Many thanks Sarah, once again you,ve come up trumps!!

How much would a oil sump renewal cost? I would supply the parts, am just looking for labour? (car is a Bora 2000 115pd)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts