Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2,634 Posts
I know you're after the grunt, but would suggest you wait 'til after the Milltek.

You'd get more power from the better breathing when they put it on the rollers. (that is unless it's a generic remap without time on the RR)

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 16/12/2004 14:47:13

humm good point Richard! but why is the 4mo Milltek so bloody expensive whats so special about it nearly an extra ?200! (oh it will be with time on the rollers!)[^]

It'bcos of the twin pipes thing matey. Personally I have heard bad things from many people about the fitment of the miltek 4motion system. Based on that and previous good experiences with Supersprint, I'm gonna go for there system including their lovely de-cat pipe. They also have that nice little extra feature of interchangeabletail pipe options (Allowingyou to swap between 4mo, and R32 styles if you so wish)[:D]

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks oh evil one,

What do you mean about the twin pipes thing? (I haven't inspected the current exhaust system yet- as I did with my GTI)

I know the V6 has got twin pipes but so has the GTI .so whats the actual difference in systems? it a bigger system the layout because of the 4WD etc?? that makes it cost much more then the GTI Milltek?

I was also looking at the blueflame ones, i've heard good things about the "blue" lot, oh and theres a group buy!

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 16/12/2004 16:26:41

Thanks oh evil one,

What do you mean about the twin pipes thing? (I haven't inspected the current exhaust system yet- as I did with my GTI)

I know the V6 has got twin pipes but so has the GTI .so whats the actual difference in systems? it a bigger system the layout because of the 4WD etc?? that makes it cost much more then the GTI Milltek?

I was also looking at the blueflame ones, i've heard good things about the "blue" lot, oh and theres a group buy!

Hmm didn't realise that 1.8T had a twin pipe system. You have an alternative and larger rear box layout (Under small spare wheel well), and a pipe leading to two, which in turn goes to the twin cat setup. If that sounds similar to 1.8T then not sure why there is a massive kije in price. They price me a full system at ?499... I suppose there is a good chance it is a bigger bore throughout too. (With an unusual triangular shaped bit at the back!!!) Anyway they sound awesome!!!

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for all your comments guys:

evilhomer: I got a bit mixed up on what I meant about the exhausts, but I get you now![:I] but need to talk more about supersprint!?499 for a complete system?? thats good when AMD charge that for the cat back. Going to have a look on the net!

Sir SS: watch this space

Cage: Cheers mate! [8D]

Carlos: mate it is soooo dirty the car has now changed colour!

ADi Nuff Valves: Maybe we can set a date for an AMD trip!

a8wpg: Was gonna go for them, but decided to stick with Admrial, they have looked after me well[^] and I get a big discount next year!

Shaq: what more can I say mate , Thanks[;)]

Blue V5: Cheers mate[:D]

glen1.8t: You bet ya I can't wait to show her off![:D]

· Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 16/12/2004 21:30:10

Thanks for all your comments guys:

evilhomer: I got a bit mixed up on what I meant about the exhausts, but I get you now![:I] but need to talk more about supersprint!?499 for a complete system?? thats good when AMD charge that for the cat back. Going to have a look on the net!

Hehe we are still confused!!! Right we have worked out the type of exhaust, and now worked out why the 4mo is more expensive... because it is duel pip a lot of the way through. The Miltek is the exhaustI was talking about for ?499!! I'm not going to be buying that cos of the fitment issues people have had, and in addition I like the sound of the supersprint. Crad has a 4mo with a Miltek system, and i'm gonna reserve total judgement untill i have heard it (He is local), but likelyhood is, I will be getting the supersprint. That is ?600 for full system including de-cat with lambda probe mountings, plus tailpipe option (Including vat)

The benefit of this is that I may decide to have no tailpipe (use standard smooth valance like TDI, a 4mo tailpipe, or an R32 duel exit if I ever buy R32 Rear bumper.(All totally interchangeable. The supersprint fits 4mo, R32, tt aswell.

http://www.supersprint.com/homeuk.htm is the website... look at the VW... 2.8 VR6 4motion option, and it brings up the individual parts and numbers.

Beautiful system.

· Registered
3,199 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 16/12/2004 14:23:36

Quote: posted by tylerama on 16/12/2004 13:44:19

Quote: posted by Deadlock on 16/12/2004 11:56:54

Thanks cage and Evils (whos givin me evils![:eek:)])

errr Mods have already started, Forge aerial, better lights (Liquorice/ shaq), bora vents in the post (again shaq) still got my LED's for the rear cluster InPros (wallacel -coming soon) oh and AMD in the new year.

What you havin' done at AmD dude ?

Remap/chip what ever they call it! not going for the Milltek yet (Christmas is here and all that!)[^]

Great purchase mate....

Why not join the Superchips group buy for the new year?

Naturally aspirated remaps are less than 300 quid all-in!!!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.