Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks cage and Evils (whos givin me evils![:eek:)])

errr Mods have already started, Forge aerial, better lights (Liquorice/ shaq), bora vents in the post (again shaq) still got my LED's for the rear cluster InPros (wallacel -coming soon) oh and AMD in the new year.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I got auto wipers, (which I don?t know if I like yet!) Headlight washer jets; cool sound system 6 CD with some Nokia thingy! The dealer didn?t know it had cruise control! (He?s bloody rich and probably saw the V6 and thought, ?oh I can sell that I can?!) My self and Joey went into his house! Must have cost some Big ones!!

But my side view mirrors aren?t heated!!! What?s up with that?? Fuse maybe? Heating element dead??

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote: posted by tylerama on 16/12/2004 13:44:19

Quote: posted by Deadlock on 16/12/2004 11:56:54

Thanks cage and Evils (whos givin me evils![:eek:)])

errr Mods have already started, Forge aerial, better lights (Liquorice/ shaq), bora vents in the post (again shaq) still got my LED's for the rear cluster InPros (wallacel -coming soon) oh and AMD in the new year.

What you havin' done at AmD dude ?

Remap/chip what ever they call it! not going for the Milltek yet (Christmas is here and all that!)[^]

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks oh evil one,

What do you mean about the twin pipes thing? (I haven't inspected the current exhaust system yet- as I did with my GTI)

I know the V6 has got twin pipes but so has the GTI .so whats the actual difference in systems? it a bigger system the layout because of the 4WD etc?? that makes it cost much more then the GTI Milltek?

I was also looking at the blueflame ones, i've heard good things about the "blue" lot, oh and theres a group buy!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for all your comments guys:

evilhomer: I got a bit mixed up on what I meant about the exhausts, but I get you now![:I] but need to talk more about supersprint!?499 for a complete system?? thats good when AMD charge that for the cat back. Going to have a look on the net!

Sir SS: watch this space

Cage: Cheers mate! [8D]

Carlos: mate it is soooo dirty the car has now changed colour!

ADi Nuff Valves: Maybe we can set a date for an AMD trip!

a8wpg: Was gonna go for them, but decided to stick with Admrial, they have looked after me well[^] and I get a big discount next year!

Shaq: what more can I say mate , Thanks[;)]

Blue V5: Cheers mate[:D]

glen1.8t: You bet ya I can't wait to show her off![:D]

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Finding out more things about the 4mo each day! went for a drive late last night, roads were damp but nice and no one around, felt sooo alone!(could here things moving!), did some roundabout testing and some launches, Oh Gosh how intrusive is the ESP!!

Launches: with esp off its a different beast and try as I might the wheels wouldn't spin! the 4mo just went!! and how quick does first and second gear hit the limiter!!

Roundabouts: esp on is really good managed to slightly upset the rear but the car just snapped right back in line!, again with esp on but with a better angle and lower speed on entry the 4mo stuck, half way round I booted it and after a very small intervention, the car shot off!

ESP off, nice small slide round the roundabout but still stuck and shot out much quicker!

Right back to normal driving now! Oh and I had a complaint from my GF - I'm driving too slow!!!!??!? [:O]

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Just had a "friendly"[^] race with a Honda dunno what it was it had "TRD developed" stickers all over it and had so many gauges all over the joint all lit up with neons! nice wheels,usual big exhaust! etc (They were nice guys though!) So it went like this: off the line (with ESP off) I was gone, then I heard a loud VVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE woosh!! from his turbo/DV -IT WAS BLOODY LOUD! and went past me just then I went in front, then he went in front..he couldn't catch me in 4th or 5th gear though?? I really thought i'd get destroyed, (Honda was running 235bhp apparently!) I reckon that his gear changes lost him a lot of time! But I tell you what, the v6 is bloody quick!! i'm shocked!![:O]

The guy said:" whats ttha Golf then??"

Me: "the 4motion!"

The Guy: Oh! thats quite good for a golf!!"

Me: yeah I was impressed with your honda![:)]

Note: this was on the Autobhan on a day trip to Germany *ehem*

[:I]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.