Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the rear bumper back on the car at last. Gave the car a wee wash - it looked nice and clean so I decided to take a few pics. Also fitted my home made colour matched rear badge. Those of you who have seen a MK5 badge will know that it is a one piece set up. As such, it doesn't look too good colour matched, so I decided to make my own two piece badge using parts from the MK4 and MK5 badge [:D]:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Absolutely stunning mate!!! Looked amazing when I met you this morning, and good to see that the wax hadn't bonded itself to your bootlid with all our blethering [:$]. That looks a rough area where the first few pics have been taken, where is that?

Its coming on very nicely, got to be my favourite car at the moment.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Oh your treading on thin ice Scotty Boy!! At least your car can get into Dixon Road, you wouldn't make it over the speed bump into Dixon Ave lol. After me complimenting your car aswell[:)]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL!! The pics were actually taken in some beaten up looking industrial estate down near Glasgow Road - round the corner from The Bed Shed. Looking forward to seeing some pics of you car once you carry out all of the work you were telling me about - you going to be a busy boy this week me thinks!! I'll dig out that German parts link for you and PM you later.

Scott

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Cheers Scott.  Yeah will get some pics up hopefully once everythings done.  Its all the bits that need doing that make no visual difference to the car that will probably take time and annoy me lol

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Looks great mate i like the way you've had your rear valance sprayed and liking that military style badge [y]

Sat

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hi mate love the military badges and the back bumper colour coded makes a big difference![Y]

Did you see my reply in your other thead about a feature? Well i found the mag and it ask you to call them! go for it get the credit for all your hard work!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi mate love the military badges and the back bumper colour coded makes a big difference![Y]

Did you see my reply in your other thead about a feature? Well i found the mag and it ask you to call them! go for it get the credit for all your hard work!
Cheers mate. Yeah, I have spoken to the editor of Golf+. I want to do another couple of things to the car first...watch this space [;)]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Bugger, sure that was the one I checked from cover to cover twice in WH Smiths and never spotted it. Never even had a drink in me, mind you maybe if I did I'd have spotted it lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
f****n hell, sweet ride mate, your ride looks great n rims look fantastic on your car. one of my fav cars.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks so sweet! [H]

Whats next on the list?

Your rear number plate doenst look straight tho [:cool:]
Cheers mate. Think a set of tinted R32 tail lights are next. As Andy said, the plate in the pic is my show plate, threw it on quickly for a couple of pics (I agree its not straight). The plate underneath is straight though.

Scott

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Looks so sweet! [H]

Whats next on the list?

Your rear number plate doenst look straight tho [:cool:]
Cheers mate. Think a set of tinted R32 tail lights are next. As Andy said, the plate in the pic is my show plate, threw it on quickly for a couple of pics (I agree its not straight). The plate underneath is straight though.

Scott
Ill let you off then about the plate [;)]

Yeah tinted lights would be a great improvement to the rear

1 - 20 of 25 Posts