Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my GTi yesterday and I'm well chuffed with it, it's better then I imagined by far, my previous cars have been a peugeot 206cc(poorly built rubbish), Clio 172(fast but made of paper) , BMW 325ci Sport convetible.

I had all the above cars from new and GTi whips them all for acceleration and the build quality is even better then the BMW. I think Red looks so much better in person, I actually quite like the black bits with the 18" wheels.

I was thinking about getting them sprayed but I'm happy. Met my first GTi owner on the roads today, we just gave each other a cheeky grin.

Overall I'm well impressed especially with the acceleration and torque.

I was unsure if cloth seats were the way to go as I have always had leather, I decided to go with the cloth due to the fact the leather in the VW is so expensive compared to ?800 all over the BMW that I payed two years back. Also I have found that leather tends to fade especially on the side supports on sports seats.

Overall the cloth is excellent and doesn't look cheap.

The 18 " wheels look amazing and really give the car presence.

Does anyone know how I can post pictures up on this site? I will give it a good clean then post loads of pics.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
You will need to host the pictures somewhere first.

So you take your pictures, hook the camera up to the computer, save them onto the hard drive and then go to somewhere like www.photobucket.com and upload the pictures you want to put on the site from where you saved the pictures on your computer.

When they are sitting in Photobucket you just right click on the picture, get the properties of it and then click on the image logo in a new thread on here which will open up two of these --> [/img].

Simply stick your properties link in between and make sure there's no spaces and hey presto you have a picture for us all to see.

Sounds more tricky than it is the first time but follow my steps above and you won't have a problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Irish, here's the first one, only took it quickly when it got delivered.

Posted Image

Will be taking more at the wkd once I have given her a good clean up[:D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks absolutely gorgeous. I am able to pick mine up (tornado red as well) on tuesday 24th, cant wait. Anyone else able to post pictures of their Gti's? Saw only my 2nd Gti (silver) on the road today, northbound on the M42 at about 10am, was this anybody here?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mmm, is looking good! Starting to think that colour coding now a must for some parts of the GTi now. Starting with the side skirts. Good pic though.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am so going to get one.

Could be a possibility I have a company car allowance in as early as June! bring it ON! [:)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, I think I now prefer red over black for the MKV GTI now! That looks really nice in that photo. I dont think the black trim looks bad against the red at all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm chuffed to bits with it.

The spec I have is 18" monza's, lux pack 2, winter pack, Xenons and reverse parking sensors.

I'm really happy with that spec, I really love the manual box too.

When you see the black skirts in person I personally think they look better then in photos, this is down the personal preference. I have hated it when they have done it on previous cars.

Will clean and post some more pics tommorow [:D]

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looking good stu, just what mine will look like in 5 weeks hopefully [:D]

I have seen the pictures of the red colour coded ones and I don't like it, too much red. Mine is definitely staying standard, reminds me of my old MK2 16v.

I'm glad I picked the 18", they really look good, even better in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The race is on Irish, good choice mate.

Red with 18"s?

- I may have to get sat nav as I may be doing pharmaceutical repping from June onwards (internal promotion)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Dunno, think I'd still go with black but red would be second if I did choose black.

Only thing I prefer with the black is the red grill is sparked off better.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts