Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked mine up at teatime tonight, done 40 miles so far and had to fill her up already, not cos of my heavy right foot but due to the near-empty tank - cheers VW!

So far so good, lived up to the excellent early impressions from earlier test drives, good taut ride, direct steering and much more flexible response/power delivery than the A3 2.0 TDI I part ex'd in.

Got Laser blue with 18's and 6CD, just the spec I was looking for. I've done reflex silver and there are gonna be too many black and red ones out there!! [;)][:D]

Placed my order with VW 9 days ago... but decided I couldn't wait until April and so I bought the showroom car instead.

I'll post some proper pics at the weekend (after I've moved house!).

30th Jan - finally got some pics uploaded onto my PC!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers fellas. The car could well be in PVW as part of a regular series of 'running reports' if all goes to plan. Once things settle down I'll be looking at options for the wheels/coilovers/re-map/colour coding.

Covered over 300 miles so far at moderate pace, mostly commuting but I've been impressed with both the handling and acceleration when I've opened her up a few times cross-country (not got close to revving out yet). The only nark, and it's a minor one, is that the throttle catches me out occasionally, it's not always as responsive as it could be to my right foot.

I'll post something more comprehensive when I get the pics sorted <prob Thursday> but I moved house at the weekend and still ain't found the leads for my monitor - don't ask! [:eek:)]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.