Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked mine up at teatime tonight, done 40 miles so far and had to fill her up already, not cos of my heavy right foot but due to the near-empty tank - cheers VW!

So far so good, lived up to the excellent early impressions from earlier test drives, good taut ride, direct steering and much more flexible response/power delivery than the A3 2.0 TDI I part ex'd in.

Got Laser blue with 18's and 6CD, just the spec I was looking for. I've done reflex silver and there are gonna be too many black and red ones out there!! [;)][:D]

Placed my order with VW 9 days ago... but decided I couldn't wait until April and so I bought the showroom car instead.

I'll post some proper pics at the weekend (after I've moved house!).

30th Jan - finally got some pics uploaded onto my PC!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Looks lovely even from the small piccy mate, first Laser Blue one i've seen, looking forward to the piccies.... [:D]

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great, give us more pics! lol.

I thought a stealer could have given you a tank of the go juice at least! But I bet you are chuffed with it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I assume it isn't going to be staying standard for long, what plans do you have, or are they under wraps [?]. I wonder if this one will appear in PVW at some point......

Nice choice of colour btw.....IMO

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers fellas. The car could well be in PVW as part of a regular series of 'running reports' if all goes to plan. Once things settle down I'll be looking at options for the wheels/coilovers/re-map/colour coding.

Covered over 300 miles so far at moderate pace, mostly commuting but I've been impressed with both the handling and acceleration when I've opened her up a few times cross-country (not got close to revving out yet). The only nark, and it's a minor one, is that the throttle catches me out occasionally, it's not always as responsive as it could be to my right foot.

I'll post something more comprehensive when I get the pics sorted <prob Thursday> but I moved house at the weekend and still ain't found the leads for my monitor - don't ask! [:eek:)]

·
Registered
907 Posts
Very nice mate! Looks nice. I'm sure there are going to be loads of black, silver and red ones about.

So far whilst driving my black one I've only spotted silver, red and grey.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts