Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car went into be sprayed down both sides and my front bumper due to a little bump i had in it over the winter.

Thought id post some pics up of how it looks now and with the new bumper on, will post the pics of fitting the bumper and new archs later :)

Also got colour coded whilst it was there, any comments welcome :)

Thanks

Trev

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice. How have you got the front number plate fitted?
Double sided number plate tape, 8 strips of it [H]

is it my eyes, or does the paint on doors not match the rest......
no its the flash on the camera, the whole side was resprayed, door rear quarter and arch

it also might be the fact the rear arches were covered in filler and the archs were brand new but the door just sprayed over.

Looks ok now its just coz that was the day it got sprayed so fresh

Thanks

Trev

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No but thought the rear looked better without them so at the moment im planning on just keeping the front ones on :)

Trev

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
really nice colour... Dude you gotta lower it it looks like a cross bred R32 4x4 golf + at the moment. And it would look 100 times better with either bump strips on the back, or the bump strips on the doors removed. Thats just my opinion tho mate take no offence, the world world would be boring if we all liked the same.

what colour silver is that btw?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Gman and of course im not taking offence, ive sen you around the forum and i know what your like :p
I know im thinking of getting it smoothed after ive saved some money, and got some springs lined up as a friend doesn't like it lowered and just wants to swap them for standard springs but if i don't like them ill probably end up getting coilys from DPM.

Its satin silver, originally thought it was reflex but after getting stuff colour matched they told me its actually satin silver :) the car has a really nice bit of suttle blue in it when its clean and in the sun.

Thanks
Trev

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
thanks Gman and of course im not taking offence, ive sen you around the forum and i know what your like :p
I know im thinking of getting it smoothed after ive saved some money, and got some springs lined up as a friend doesn't like it lowered and just wants to swap them for standard springs but if i don't like them ill probably end up getting coilys from DPM.
Its satin silver, originally thought it was reflex but after getting stuff colour matched they told me its actually satin silver :) the car has a really nice bit of suttle blue in it when its clean and in the sun.
Thanks
Trev
is that a good or bad thing!!?? hahaha i hold back for no 1!!

tis a nice colour, i dont normally like silvers but that has a nice glow to it.

Damien at DPM is a top man, have delt with him a couple times.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Good start matey, and for a rep that bumper looks pretty good! [Y] Have to agree with GMan though, it def. needs lowering, and it does look odd with the door rubstrips but no quarter rubstrips.

But no offence like, looks really clean! [Y]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is that a good or bad thing!!?? hahaha i hold back for no 1!!

tis a nice colour, i dont normally like silvers but that has a nice glow to it.

Damien at DPM is a top man, have delt with him a couple times.
No its not a bad thing, im the same with people i know but hold back for strangers so i dont come across the wrong way

Thanks i like the bit of blue in it, makes a change to boring old silver

Yeah and at their prices you can really argue

Good start matey, and for a rep that bumper looks pretty good!
Have to agree with GMan though, it def. needs lowering, and it does look odd with the door rubstrips but no quarter rubstrips.

But no offence like, looks really clean!
Another lad on the forum has one from the same place but debadged and
he said he had to attach it at extra places due to the fitting but mine
fit perfectly and lined up great. Yeah lowering is definately next on
the list and the only reason the rears arent on is when it was getting
repaired they were taken off and filled over anyway due to the damage
but as there was no damage to the door i never thought of asking for
that to be smoothed over aswell. Im thinking of going and asking how
much it would be as i know they have paint left and shouldnt be a hard
job

looks good....get it de-locked though
Want to get it delocked but unfortunately has no central locking so
would be fun trying to get in and out of it when its delocked [lol-lol]

Thanks

Trev

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
my car is not lowered but is a lot lower than that man! somethings so wrong..dont take it the wrong way but it looks a lot higher than i have ever seen

edit:

heres a pic to compare the two

Posted Image

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
God knows then, ill have to have a look when i put the lowering springs on, might need lowerer ones now though

Trev

1 - 20 of 27 Posts