Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last [:D] 1 owner from new lots of history, no rot! And the interior isn't bad either all for ?400, I'll post some pics soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
very nice mate. after a mk1 myself to do a little project work on. nothing fancy, just a car ive allways wanted to work with.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Id have one to if I had the garage space - sounds like you got a belter to! That looks very orginal indeed!!!!

I want an old cab GTi with the small rear lights, mmmmm

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
MK1's are proper motors, a friend had a yellow basic one back in 1990, idiot forgot to check the oil & the engine seized,

quote "I wondered why it was getting slower, I thought the handbrake was stuck on"[!][?]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wow, that looks in fantastic condition. Mars Red is definately on of the better colours to get them in. Are you going to be modding it or keeping it standard?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Gorgeous - green eyed monster is coming out!

IMHO keep the upgrades OEM, 90 brakes, servo, sportline seats, tilt slide s/roof, BBS rims, etc.

The slammed single wiper look has been done to death.

I'd double your money for it....[;)]

·
Registered
138 Posts
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

basicaly means kept original.. or using original parts.

That looks like a great bargain for ?400.. worth hell of a lot more..

I have 1 and I am looking for another as we speak.

Amit

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Completely OEM even down to the steelies (Steel wheels) BUT with a g60 engine and mk2 dash and late model (92 ish) cabriolet interior with updated door trims etc

A daily driver withh all mod cons and reliability but still originalish mk1

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah will be pretty mutch standard apart from the brakes, nearly pooped myself in it before lol bit of a difference from my mk4. Damn good fun though[:D]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no thnx [:D] I've already sold one and I knew that was a mistake straight away. It had g60 brakes on too....damn I really need them now lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks nice. Like the modded seat bolster [;)]. Its amazing how brakes and stuff have improved in recent years. Enjoy [8D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Its not the discs pads or calipers that give mk1 gti rubbish brakes its the LHD to RHD linkage that vw fitted to convert the car to RHD if you drive a left hooker the brakes are great

1 - 20 of 37 Posts