Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently won a golf tdi on ebay....... Was really excited because it only cost me £600..!!

The reason it was so cheap (according to the seller) was that his missus had lost the key, so the car was sold with no key. I thought fine, it would only cost £66 for a key and £50 to get it programmed in vw's.

Anyhooo, whilst at vw's having the key programmed, they did a little check (as they always have when i've taken any car there, and they normally give you a 5 page list of problems), but they mechanic called me to tell me that the timing belt had snapped..!!

GUTTED..!!

So the head's off, looks like some of the valves are bent too..!!

Ah well, it was a risk i was willing to take :)

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
If the car ain't as described, then send it straight back and claim your money off the seller. Simples.

Just goes to show though - always go and see a car in the flesh, especially if it appears to be cheap.

Wigster.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
To55ers, report them to eBay. It might not get you anything back but should get them banned from ripping off other people!
It WILL get you something back, as it is legally binding. You may have to get the police involved however (a close friend has experienced this before).

Hopefully you get your money back no problem.

Also, reporting may get them banned, but no doubt they will set up a new account 2 mins later and buy loads of cheap crap to get their feedback up.

Keep us all updated.

·
Registered
927 Posts
doesnt make a difference where you bought it, ebay or not, it's been sold as just having no keys

contact the seller, request your money back, if that fails, get the police involved

the fact that there are no keys means you've not been allowed to look round the car to the fullest, and you've had no choice but to take his word for it, but he's lied to you

·
Registered
379 Posts
The guy seems like a trader as he has two other cars on eBay for sale, like others have said, get in touch and request your money back, tedious for them but it'd just be interesting to see how they react and what they offer, or don't.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.