Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
That ?200 is ok, but then I'd need to respray the whole thing which I think would be a lot.

Anyone know how many shades of Indigo Blue Pearl there are? More than one?

I would love to do a swap, but my front end has loads of stone chips and a little dent in the bumper and I'd feel guilty swapping!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
That ebay ad mentions it comes with the radiator and aircon radiator, these don't need to be changed with a golf/bora conversion do they?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I did look into this as I really wanted it.

I spoke to a few Bodyshop's they quoted me around ?600

Plus then you have to find someone to swap front ends with.

Although that offer on ebay sounds interesting.......

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Looks like I shall be joining the Bolf club sometime soon!
I just won that front end on ebay (thanks for the info bub warrior). Paid ?330 for it, and the best quote I have had from breakes is ?418+delivery. My max was ?350.
I did hope it was going to end about ?250, but hey, you can't have everything.

I'm going to sell my panels now, so hopefully I'll make some back.

I'm going to have one panel sprayed a month for the next 4 months, which will take me right to my school summer holidays and then I'll be ready to put it all together!!

Wish me luck!

(PS: A 'How to...' guide would be nice... hint hint!!!)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I am glad I've bitten the bullet!

I've got to take the body panels to the body shop where they'll do the blending around the edges or something, then I take the panels away and fit them onto the car, so I'll have an Indigo Blue Pearl Bolf with the middle of the Bora panels Green for a day or two, then they'll spray it for me! I'm doing the fitting etc myself because it'll work out cheaper.

The spray shop guy even gave me ?80 off because he's just interested to see what it will look like I think - though it's still over ?600! (Paying in 2/3 installments!)

I really am excited because it is going to look so cool!

I think I'll get the bump strips done whilst I'm there too!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Im also going down this route Bora to Golf ;)
Well let me know if you want any panels, as I know someone who can do them for very cheap, as they are soon to be surplus to requirements!

Sounds promising mate.

Let me know how it goes.

I'm really interested.

Dan
I will do, I'm hoping to take lots of photo's and maybe do a 'How to' for any others who want to do it (I'll have to learn how to put on pictures of more than 60kb first!!)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
We should have a Bolf/Gora appreciation society! We can all be regional representatives, like ChipsAway guys have their own territory! Or like Krusty's Clown College in The Simpsons (for those of you who've seen it!)

I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one in Gloucestershire!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Slight panic - I'm doing this conversion tomorrow and I just thought - do I need new wheel arch liners? I don't think so, but I'd like peace of mind!

Also, hilarious as it is, I've lost my locking wheel nut so I will be undoing the wheel arch liners with the wheels on. Great!
Looking forward to it though!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts