Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like me and J111ASE will be doing the swap, just want to make sure about all the bits we need to swap, think i read somewhere about arch liners and the front slam panel? Know all the obvious bits like wings, bonnet, bumper, lights and grill is there anything else?

I would of used the search function but it still seems to be switched off!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Didn't someone mention in the Bolf / Gora thread last week that you don't need to to swap the slam panel?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
No slam panel needed.  I am doing the Gora Bolf conversion at the weekend so will keep you posted how I get on.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
No worries mate,

I'm not even sure if i'm gonna go ahead with it now.

It's gonna cost a fair bit for a front end spray job?

Doh.......

I'll let you know

Dan

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
No slam panel needed. I am doing the Gora Bolf conversion at the weekend so will keep you posted how I get on.
Hey Big A, did everything go to plan?
How did it go then big A?
Hey guys, sorry taken so long to reply been away for Easter. Yeah everything went really smoothly, with no probs. Took about 5-6 hours to finish both cars, and the results are excellent. Heres a link to some pics of my Gora and Cats Bolf

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/539000.aspx

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
It's gonna cost a fair bit for a front end spray job?
That's what I'm worried about too - I'm in two minds about whether to get decent parts from the breakers in my car's colour too, as there may be a tiny difference that could stick out like a sore thuumb!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Even if you get second hand parts that are in good condition.

You would really have to blend the wings and doors.

I think i'll give it a miss.

I have other things to spend it on.

Good luck mate.

Dan

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I think I'll just keep my eyes open and get the parts a bit at a time, then get the spraying done bit by bit too!
Patience...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I've put my details into a fe breakers places and one has got back sayng they have all the parts I need in and in a 'new' condition.

I might call and see how much I can beat them down!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You would really have to blend the wings and doors.
We never blended the paint on our cars and the match is pretty much spot on.
Sorry mate I mant to say certain colours would need blending.

Mine is reflex silver, apparentlly 7 different shades.

DOH!

Your lucky.

Unlike me.....[:(]

Looks very nice anyway mate.

Keep up the good work

Dan

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Bloody hell, 7 different shades of silver???? Mind you I know a painter who says that silver is the hardest to match.

Cheers for your comments Dan, still a few wee bits and bobs to do but its now getting there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sombody on ebay is selling all of the parts needed to put a bora front end on a Golf for ?200.

They are in Green, but why not buy them and sell yours on ebay. Free swap apart from paint.

Don't have link sorry but type in Bora and you should find them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts