Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at these for a while and eventually took the plunge and bought one last week after I could get one for a reasonable price.

I went for the Hero 3 Silver Edition, with a 64gb scandisk microSD card.

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has one and what do you use it for? And do you have any tips and/or footage/photos?

I'm going to get back in to downhill and urban mountain biking so I will be using it for that, maybe the odd festival and at some point it will probably end up stuck on my car! Hopefully going go-karting soon so will stick it to my helmet for that too.

I've already got a suction mount for cars so if anyone wants some pretty mad photo's or video's of their car lemme know!

·
Shell's best customer
3,227 Posts
I've been looking at black editions, but can't justify it! lol

Stick it inside your lower grill and go driving, should look cool! lol

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Move to Russia,buy a Lada and watch the fun begin.Russian Lada drivers always make good entertainment,whether it's other Lada drivers who drive about with their eyes closed (very common) or meteorites the size of a bus (less common),dash cams are always good for a
and a

·
Guttersnipe
1,138 Posts
For some reason I convinced myself to buy a black edition in Gatwick duty free. I used it about 3 times when I was skiing, but now it will be bolted onto an RC plane.

I'm working on a ballistic parachute to bring it back in one piece whilst I land the plane without it. Once I've perfected that then I'll invest in a FPV system for it

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure how I'd attach it to the lower grill, I have a suction mount so could attach it to the bonnet or wing.

Chris - don't get me started on dashcam's, as i will probably be purchasing one of these too. The amount of people that pull out infront of me is just getting silly now! I know what you mean about the Russian Lada's though, i've spent a few hungover hours on youtube watching all the crash compilations!

Stu - that sounds awesome, need to see some pics of the setup plus some footage when its all setup!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First try today, unfortunately didn't get to use it that much until I blew my charge pipe off.

So this;

Soon ended up in this;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.