Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been ages since i looked at it...... and in fact id uninstalled it. So ive redownloaded it after being told its improved sooo much.

And boy has it! The detail is now stunning..... but someone needs to get on their case, how can my car be parked at work and at home at the same time eh? [:O] [;)]

·
Registered
521 Posts
'cos it's been cloned!

G-E is quite amazing really, and if you consider that the framework is in place for high detailed imagery, then it is just a question of time before the whole thing is populated. The stuff that you see is only what is available comercially, so you can guess what the military can do! Aerial photography is commerially available for the UK down to 25cm for a price, with the Quickbird satelite stuff at around 1m (which is the high res stuff in G-E IIRC)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Some of the mapping is very old though, there's a Garage/MOT centre etc in my village that was demolished about 3 years ago to make way for new houses, it's still there on the Google Earth maps.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Does it still only let you look at certain places in detail? I know when I downloaded it it did, so couldnt see anywhere round my way.Was just a blur.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Great isnt it - I just wish some places had as good resolutions as others - for instance Basingstoke is really blurey, but if you go to Wembley you can see the old stadium still being demolised.

But I personally think its one of the best things on the web - after this forum of course!!!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hey chap

No didnt take him flying, im not allowed to say much about his visit to
that place im afraid, how are you anyway, fancy coming to the track day
in jan?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I found my car too.... parked outside my house at uni in Southampton c.2001! I've had 6 cars since then, not including the ones that have been rallied and scrapped in Italy...

Tokyo is amazing, I found some people playing tennis!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Some of the mapping is very old though, there's a Garage/MOT centre etc in my village that was demolished about 3 years ago to make way for new houses, it's still there on the Google Earth maps.
lol yah and the wembley stadium is still there for those who miss it!

·
Registered
516 Posts
The most detailed area is around the google headquarters itself in america. There is a MK3 jetta in the car park.

Agreed, the imperial palace in japan looks good to.

Also there is a really detailed area in africa of a single road and a land rover.......weird!

Its just full of cool stuff!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts