Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be de-badging my car towards the end of the week as iv had enough of all the letters!

What cleaning products are good? I want a good shine, i've only got turtle wax atm and its awful! but was thinking of getting Autoglym HD wax? seen it for £25 so anything within that sort of price?

Also do the badges leave some like sticky residue? how do you get this off?

Thanks! [:)]

·
Registered
669 Posts
Go on to detailing world and look through the stuff as theres that much out there. Yes AG HD is good but its all about the steps and the work you do before you wax to get a good wet shine..Theres claying, polishing, sealing and then waxing plus a bit more.

Yes it will so get some gule remover.

·
Registered
241 Posts
try cleanyourcar.co.uk. for some top shelf stuff. a friend of mine has just gave mine the full works with the zaino stuff. really good shine on her now. go careful though its not cheap and easy to get carried away!!

as for the de badge use a hair dryer to get the badges off then tar and glue remover to get the mess off then a good cutting polish if there are any more marks in the paint.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I used Dodo Juice lime prime and purple haze wax on sunday, got i9t from elite car care in a sample pack for 24quid.

Before

After

Reflection

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took badges off and t-cut, washed and polished with ICE but can still see outlines of , the tdi, help :( pics soon :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Get some glue remover, a tar remover probuct or just use some petrol.. T-cut wont do the job. Afterwards use a polish like AG SRP as its got a good bit of cut.. No need for pics as everyone thats taken the badges off has gone through this they all know what your on about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used Autoglym paint renovator which got all the glue & outlines off without a problem. Followed it up with AG super resin polish. Worked a treat

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
took my badges off today, used the Autoglym shampoo after, you can see very faint outlines of the badges but they have been on there for 11 years! when i get a chance i'll give the whole car a good going over, autoglym do make some good stuff

·
Registered
351 Posts
Cleaned mine on friday. I used turtle wax shampoo, AG super resin polish then turtle wax wax. Really should have clayed it but didnt have time so skipped that step. Seems to have got rid of the ghosting from the badges

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 13 of 13 Posts