Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I finally managed to sell my golf and it was perfect timing. I had given up waiting for my cooper S and had told the garage I would collect it tuesday morning (it's been there for 3 weeks) even though my Golf hadn't been sold.

I didn't even have the V5 back from the DVLA from transferring my plate from the car and then to top it all off I had to goto the states so never thought I would sell my car and had wasted the £75 for advertising.

But low and behold I got home on saturday morning at about 8.30 before the posty had arrived. When he did finally deliver some mail my V5 was in the post. Lunchtime I got a call from someone wanting to see my car and they came back sunday and left me a deposit - collected it monday night just in time for me to collect my new car 10am tuesday.

Well I have rambled enough, heres a pic with the new wheels fitted:

A bit, big thank you again goes out to LiQoUrIcE for hosting the piccies for me - Cheers matey your a star.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mmm... tasty! If you've not already come across a good Mini Forum mate, http://www.mini2.com seems to be the best place for New Mini Owners.

I used to look on there every now and then simply because it made me laugh.... somewhere there's a post with a picture somebody has taken, of a banana stuck in the vent to the supercharger, claiming it just appeared whilst on a drive out in the countryside.... nutters!![:eek:)]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great little cars, the boot size differance from the Golf to the Mini is the only problem i found !

But enjoy it mate, there greeeeeaatttttttttttttt !!!!!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
[8D]very very nice, really like the wheels, what size are they? and did you get the tints done yourself or is that the way you got it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrahamOliver

Mmm... tasty! If you've not already come across a good Mini Forum mate, http://www.mini2.com seems to be the best place for New Mini Owners.
Looked on there researching a Cooper for my mum. Lots of Americans Vortex-stylee singing the praises of the CVT auto gearbox. Better vibe on here[:)].

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark1.8T

That colour silver with the white wheels just doesn't look right when you see it in the flesh! (IMHO of course)

HMI1750

The handling with those wheels is fantastic, they are a lot lighter than the 17" s-lites I took off and only a 215 in stead of the standard 205 - compared to the golf is handles like a race car.

Gerard,

The rear tints are a dealer option the don;t offer the front windows tinted tho but I will get round to having it done soon. The rims are 18*7.5 (215/35/18 toyo's)

Reflex TDR,

Not sure which section you looked in but I haven't heard any one say they like the CVT gearbox or indeed any auto, true there are lot of american members tho' and it is nothing like Vortex. As for the vibe, well I like it, every one's very laid back on there. But I am still new ( joined about 4 moths ago) to that forum so time will maybe tell.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

J.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Colour code the arches and sideskirts and lower it a bit and it'll look absolutely mint ;) You should see some of the quad exhaust systems you can get for them [:D]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My grilfriends dad has ordered one of these for her christmas :O her first car, Cooper S in a cool light blue colour, black and blue leather, white roof and mirrors, 17's, bigger brakes etc!!

she got the S cause she told her dad she wanted one with a 'snout' haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im scaring myself here cause i dont like the new minis, but that one does actually look very nice with those wheels on, but I agree with MikeHart, lowerin lowerin lowerin!!!!

But what do I know, I've got four fook off massive exhausts??!!!?!?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts