Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ,

Just wondering how many of you Golf owners also have Bikes ?

Is there anyone near the St.Helens area that have the same interests ?

ie .. Own a Golf and a Bike , or either , and want to meet up for runs out ?

Car or Bike

I Have a Fireblade , which i hardly use now cos no one to go out with [:(] ,

All my mates always seem to be working or looking after the kids [:)]

I work just days , so free most weekends ... gotta get out more before the WINTER :-(

PM .. mail me if you want .... [email protected]

Also Pillion's on the bike considered ! ?

Cheers ... Kev .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey mate...i have a Seat Tolly (still a VAG mkIV)

I also have a CB600F Hornet. Quite a new rider, and also dont have any one to ride with.

tend to head out to Acton Bridge, get myself lost and then eventually go home!

Unfotunately not free every weekend.....ATC takes a lot of time, but i am sure can catch up at some point................[nods head on way past].

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but just stumbled across it.

I'm a Golf owner and biker too, sold my bike recently though as the weather is pants up here 24/7 (I'm a southerner turned northerner) [:mad:]

Moses...
Posted Image

Daisy....
Posted Image

Hayley

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I know this sounds odd but I've never owned a bike smaller than 583cc and kinda wished I had whizzed around on a 125/250 for a year just for the fun of it but no, next year will be Ducati No.5 [:$]

·
Registered
741 Posts
I know this sounds odd but I've never owned a bike smaller than 583cc and kinda wished I had whizzed around on a 125/250 for a year just for the fun of it but no, next year will be Ducati No.5
Nice bike! Good luck with number 5.......

Ex-biker here, got splatted by a drunk driver so now just on the 4 wheels. All I can do is try to make them go as fast as possible in compensation of that fact....

Loving that new sig Chappers! [:D]

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I own a bike as well but I only race and do track days. Had a bit of a fight with a VW Bug when I had a K4 GSXR and lost, so I get my kicks on the track:

A couple from Anglesey of my CBR 600 F Sport. . . . . . soon to be changed for a new R6 [<:eek:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Nice bike! Good luck with number 5.......

Ex-biker here, got splatted by a drunk driver so now just on the 4 wheels. All I can do is try to make them go as fast as possible in compensation of that fact....

Loving that new sig Chappers!
Big Smile
Undecided on which Duke I'm after but I may save some major pennies and get the 1098s [H]

Doh! Lucky to be alive mate, drink drivers usually win [:O]

How cool is the sig, Faithless did it for me and I think it looks pretty smart.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Undecided on which Duke I'm after but I may save some major pennies and get the 1098s

Doh! Lucky to be alive mate, drink drivers usually win

How cool is the sig, Faithless did it for me and I think it looks pretty smart.
Any Duke is fine with me!

I know how lucky I was, 2 months in hospital and learning to walk, use my arms/hands and perform bodily functions all over again. Ambulance crew said it was a 1 in 20 chance of survival & I'm still here!

With regard to the sig strip, now you need it done to the car too.......... [:D]

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I know this sounds odd but I've never owned a bike smaller than 583cc and kinda wished I had whizzed around on a 125/250 for a year just for the fun of it but no, next year will be Ducati No.5
Yea... I've only got the YBR still cos I just passed my test not long back. Should sell it really but I just don't wanna part with the little fella [:)]

Could always look into a little toy 2-stroke before you go for the Duke. I must admit I was tempted myself. RS250 or summat. They won't be around for too much longer. Sensible head told be to get summat a bit more stable though as it's my first "real" bike.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Yea... I've only got the YBR still cos I just passed my test not long back. Should sell it really but I just don't wanna part with the little fella

Could always look into a little toy 2-stroke before you go for the Duke. I must admit I was tempted myself. RS250 or summat. They won't be around for too much longer. Sensible head told be to get summat a bit more stable though as it's my first "real" bike.
Yeah, I did toy with the idea of a Aprilia RS250 to whizz around on but then I'm used to having 600, 750 or 900's and love my v-twins.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Another big time biker here. Got a Honda RVF 400 (one of the later ones) and a little Kawasaki KX 100 for off road where theres no rules or limits. Used to have an RS50 when i was 16 and that was a flying machine considering it was a 50cc. Was absolutly gutted when i had to sell it and a couple of weeks later i heard the lad had smashed it up after i looked after it for a year and a half!!

Here's a pic of the little Honda.....

Posted Image

Not many of you lot from up my way so not much chance of a ride out really ....

Matt

·
Registered
473 Posts
Another biker here, cars are great but words can't describe the buzz you get from blasting through the country on 2 wheels. Had a few sportsbikes (zx6r, zx10r, cbr6) but wanted something comfy for longer trips so bought a beemer.Best bike I've owned, love smoking all the Rossi wanabe's round my area and I can do it in comfort.

Went from this

Posted Image

To this

Posted Image

·
Mk2 Golf GTI VR6
3,921 Posts
Used to have an RS50 when i was 16 and that was a flying machine considering it was a 50cc. Was absolutly gutted when i had to sell it and a couple of weeks later i heard the lad had smashed it up after i looked after it for a year and a half!!
Woo another RS50 owner! I used to have one as well. Once I got driving I wasn't riding it very often at all, so I sadly sold it after 2 years of ownership to a mate of my brothers, who the promptly crashed it as well [:(]

Occasionally riding my brothers RS125 now which is a million times better, soon to be mine when he upgrades to a 600 or something (probably a gixxer, he's liking the 750...)

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I like riding bikes but not got a license (eek) i've rode a few of them now.. and as my mates speed crazy he's got superbikes and silly performance cars.. the R6 i drove scared the shoot out of me.. front end lifting off the ground 2nd gear and low revs.. but the way it accelerated [H]

But then he took me out on hes special bike an R1 thats been modded and that was immensely fast.. the way that hits triple figures is a bit erm woooow

I'd love to own a bike but my parents won't let me (they say the love me too much pah lol)

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Been riding bikes long before I was old enough too even ride on the road, lived on a farm, lol [:DD]. Had all sorts over the years, Jap stuff mainly, British & German, never Italian but came close once or twice.!!! [:cool:]

I have owned a Harley now for the past eight years and will most probably stick with the marque for the rest of my biking days.!!! [:)]

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I'd love to own a bike but my parents won't let me (they say the love me too much pah lol)

Sat
Mine obviously don't [:'(]

TBH, I just did the test and didn't tell a soul....turned up one day (month or so later) at Dad's on the black Duke, knocked on his door and he punched me in the head - thank god I still hand my helmet on [:O]......we've not spoken since, so that's 4yrs now [:D]

Mum bless her nearly had a heart attack, kept pleading with me to give it up and everytime she heard on the radio or tv that a biker was being scooped up off a road like soup in a bag she rang me frantically to check it wasn't me [^o)]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts