Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, greetings from Turkey. I'm opening this topic with a translation program, sorry for my typos.

I have a 1999 1.9tdi agr 90hp Golf4. I'm having an interesting electrical problem. There is no problem while driving in my vehicle, but this has happened to me 3 times in 1 month, after stopping the starter motor turns but the engine does not start. The engine does not receive electricity, the fuel pump does not receive electricity, the diesel solenoid does not turn on the diesel. There is no power to the crank sensor and the n75 valve. Sometimes when I turn the ignition switch on and off a few times, there is a clicking sound, the fuel pump and N75 valve are powered, and the engine starts. When the engine is not running, the windows, wipers, headlights, heating system, turn signals, audio system work. Immobilizer was disabled by previous owners of my vehicle. There is no immobilizer chip in the ignition key, the immobilizer light is constantly flashing on the indicator, but I have never encountered such a problem before. I heard that there may be an ignition switch malfunction, but the electricity does not go only to the engine section, all the equipment of the car works, in this case, could it be an ignition switch malfunction? I'm waiting for your help.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
first thing to do is to scan the ecu for faults... but you can check the ground points on the engine, remove cables and clean them put it back and see if that helps. from memory there are 3 ground points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the comments. This morning the car didn't start at all, so I started to measure it with an avometer. I noticed that the relay number 109 had a pulling sound, but it was not electrically conductive. When I removed the relay and tried with the cable, the car started. I bought a new role and installed it and there was no problem. I hope that if anyone has this problem, I can guide them as well.
Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Sleeve Bumper
Mode of transport Gas Automotive tire Audio equipment Motor vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts