Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
681 Posts
crad,i know what you mean about filling up! Still,i guess its true wha they say...you pay to play! I would say the 4mo is no different to any other golf with regards to problems,obviously there is more kit fitted,so theres more that 'could' go wrong. But i would say theyre pretty cool to be honest,im going to scotland in mine in a few weeks,and i cant wait for that drive!!

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Quote: posted by burnsyV6 on 25/09/2004 12:59:47

Passenger interior door pull

you have to pull the handle litterally to 90 dgrees before the door will open. Drivers door is fine just have to pull to 45ish degrees. I want VW to adjust this.

Same with mine but not a big deal at all.

I think you're being very picky about a few things there but one thing i found is that no car is perfect, new or used.

· Registered
4,518 Posts
have you checked thae fans work on slow speed aswellb? most if not all 4motion fans have failed, put the aircon on and (not economy mode) check the fans are running at slow speed, if they are not running at all or are pulsing at a high speed they have failed.

As far as I know most if not all 4motions rattle on a cold start with the bonnet up the sound seems like it is coming from the top left of the engine.

As for the bad earth, I dont know but I had a similar problem on mine and used a multimeter to measure resistance between the battery ngative and the various parts of the car, since then I have fitted an Ameriucan style grounding kit, which has helped alot.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cheers peeps got the car back today runs much nicer now that the exhaust and leads have been replaced. Yeah I think I am being a bit picky on some of the things I reported to VW but they made it VERY clear that if any parts on the car I was trading in were missing then it may change the price that they would give me. Hence the pickyness for me now [:D]

I am very happy now though. They have ordered a new ashtray, rear interior light fitting and engine cover for me so that all gets fitted next weekend.

Good idea about the ARB's too they have not looked into this problem yet so I might as well get them changed at the same time. What parts are actually included in the 160 quid??

The best thing is that it has all been on the house!! [^]

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.