Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
girlfriends brothers golf turbo nicked outside house?.how could this happen not nicked with the keys he still has them.car was locked up and there was no glass on the floor or nothing?.got me woried cos i only live 3 mile away.are these cars that easy to nick or what?[:S]

·
Registered
387 Posts
girlfriends brothers golf turbo nicked outside house?.how could this happen not nicked with the keys he still has them.car was locked up and there was no glass on the floor or nothing?.got me woried cos i only live 3 mile away.are these cars that easy to nick or what?[:S]
Did he buy it used? were all the keys original or was he given one new one? i.e. someone still had a key?

Sarge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no way he's not that type of man,he lent me 5k not so long ago,and he would never do a insurance job? how do they steal these cars all locked up madness

·
Registered
207 Posts
no way he's not that type of man,he lent me 5k not so long ago,and he would never do a insurance job? how do they steal these cars all locked up madness
I didn't mean an insurance job m8. I ment it might have been repossessed?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
A customer of my sisters had his Silver GTI stolen in Leeds earlier this week.

Seems to be a problem at the moment.

Chaps, we need to be vigilant.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
They do it in London with a total lift system similar to the ones the councils use to lift you illegally parked car.
Its very quick

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Does the alarm not go off? Thought they had a leveling system incorperated so it would detect that kind of thing and sound the alarm...
If these use one that lifts all 4 wheels at the same time then no, only if one end is lifted on its own. A lot of teh new vehicles use an arm that lifts up the car like a skip is lifted.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Well on both the GTI
and my Cupra i've stood there with the alarm armed and rocked the car
violently from side to side, and no alarm went off......... so it must
take a bloody earthquake to set it off!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
So if the latest thing (it seems) is just to get a great big truck, and lift it onto the back, how can we be vigilant and stop this?

I suppose as mines on my drive, I could always lock the gates.

BTW, wouldnt this make a lot of noise? possibly wake you up if its outside your house?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
So if the latest thing (it seems) is just to get a great big truck, and lift it onto the back, how can we be vigilant and stop this?

I suppose as mines on my drive, I could always lock the gates.

BTW, wouldnt this make a lot of noise? possibly wake you up if its outside your house?
Yeah certainly a lot of noise will be made - its going to use a hydrolic system surely, thats something your're not going to sleep through.

Entry via the well known method would the best way but how easy is then to start the car without the key?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Exactly, I know the well-known method can get them in without alarm sounding, but to actually get the car away would surely be another story, thought they couldnt be started without the correct coded key!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is this well known way without making a noise,it  was not lifted,it was prob pulled away from his house but why did the alarm not go off very strange?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well on both the GTI and my Cupra i've stood there with the alarm armed and rocked the car violently from side to side, and no alarm went off......... so it must take a bloody earthquake to set it off!
Strange isn't it? I've tried the same thing and nothing happened BUT, when I park outside my work every plane going over sets the bloody thing off. Go figure?!!?

Cheers, Jim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts