Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the Bora is better value for money than the Golf. In the new year i will be looking out for a new car but i cant decide between a Golf or a Bora. My head is saying go for the Bora cause its better value for money, but i just about prefer the the look of the Golf, the 3 door especially. However when both cars have a few subtle mods and are lowered on colies with a decent set of wheels its hard to choose between the them.

Could you help me make my mind up.... Its driving me Nuts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would of said the Golf is more practical?

I would of bought a bora (cheaper insurance and initial cost) but the dogs would of died in the back of it, that and i wouldn't fit the horrendous amount of kit i carry in the back of one.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
bora.. higer spec as standard , lower insurance as its not a "hot hatch", MAAAAASIVE boot meaning less trips to the river to drop off bodys. and they hold there value and are easier to sell on as you can sell it as the much loved famo car with less suspicion that its been ragged to a inch of its life!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i heard about the Bora being a better handling car with the extra weight over the rear balancing it better.

Ill just have to wait and see closer to the time an see what comes up at the right price. You never know golfs might of dropped another couple of quid by then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.