Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow dubbers,

Just a quick post. Does anyone have any info on whether VW are going to update/refresh the current Golf. I?m lucky enough to have a R32 on order (9-months wait boo), but I would be gutted if it arrived and something cool like LED?s appeared.

Any photos, links or tit-bits would be appreciated.
cheers, Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think that the standard models of the Golf range may be up for a mid-life, front-end face lift. Possible amendments to the grill & bumper (? la GTI, R32, New Jetta) in order to bring them into line with the majority of the VW range.

But that's only my guess, and hey, who am I to say?

As for amendments to stying on the R32, I wouldn't have thought so. LED taillights don't figure anywhere in the rest of the VW range, and the R32 isn't a mass market product.

Damian

P.S. I've seen a few R32's around the Kettering area, and to my eyes the body styling looks a bit OTT, as if somebody's gone a bit wild with the body kit catalogue. Mind you, I didn't like the MK5 when it first came out!

Just ignore me!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I suspect Damian meant golf range, although the Plus point is a good one.

I doubt (and I fecking hope not) that the GTI won't get messed abotu or standardised, it won't work!

An LED lights thing wouldn't be bad tho (H)

C

·
Registered
182 Posts
from the spy shots, the face lift is  amild one, no led's, just a couple of shiny chrome bits at the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer is judged on how many performance Golfs sold over a number of years... I?m lucky as Breeze VW in Poole is one of the most successful & a good bunch to boot. There?s a chance it might be here mid-summer if they give Germany enough grief.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well I remember Foxy posting that the Golf is due a facelift late 06 early 07......

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/363699/ShowPost.aspx

It will give all the models a family look across the range like the Polo Passat, should look like this pic, looks much better than the current model IMO.....

Posted Image
That's the Eos, which is a rather spiffy looking thing, and I'm willing to bet that you're right, the front headlamps will be given the rather nice new shape and that horrible chromium will be applied to the centre grille.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Might be controversial but I quite like Golf Plus Front Lights.

I recall the MKIII or MKIV was never really got a facelift during their whole model life.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
The EOS front end in my humble opinion I don't think is too bad to be honest - I just don't like the new R32's overly chromed jobby [:)]

C

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
9 month wait - is it an import?

Anything that goes on the car in the next 8 months will also appear on yours.

Alternatively, if you hear of anything about to happen up to about 2 months before yours is due to arrive you should be able to delay your order until the changes are in production.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I?m lucky enough to have a R32 on order (9-months wait boo)
Why on earth wait that long when there are new unregistered cars in VW showrooms all over the country? One poster on here said there were three in his local dealership!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts