Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know this has been posted before, but I still couldn't find a definitive answer with regards to the DSG paddles. I am getting a Mark 5 next week after years of having a Mark 4. It has got DSG, but currently has no MFSW or paddles. Is it case of buying the Steering wheel with paddles, an airbag, the new controller and a slip ring plus the necessary in Vag-Com? (I have a friend who has the latest Vag-Com.) The car also has cruise control so I understand from what I have read I will also need the new cruise control stalk. Is this all correct and could someone just confirm part numbers for the slip ring that works with this wheel, steering wheel controller module and the cruise control stalk? The car has the basic head unit in it, so what buttons will work on the steering wheel?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you get a mk6 MFSW with DSG paddles the correct slip ring, airbag loom and controller then once coded your paddles will work.

I have a MK6 wheel with an RNS 510 and only have 8 of the 12 buttons working. I think you will be able to get 10 working with a basic head unit as its the firmware on the RNS 510 that causes problems.

You will need the mk6 cruise control stalk for it to work but they have replaced the mk5 part with the mk6 part as its technically the same part.

If you have a highline dash,OEM bluetooth and voice control the multifunction steering wheel really comes into its own.

Lee

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. it is more for the DSG paddles and to replace the boring steering wheel to be honest! do they only do them in grey as the current wheel is grey and i didn't know if it might look odd?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also (I have just been reading your signature :)) Where did you get the Dynabeam headlights and can they be retrofitted into a non-xenon car easily? thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My MK6 wheel is dark grey and looks fine in my interior.

Posted Image

They dont make the lights I have anymore AFAIK but you can get the halogen versions on ebay for around £180-£200 but their not dynabeam.

Lee

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks very nice :) thanks for getting back to me. I have seen the halogens so will probably go for some of those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
dude i have a mk6 gti wheel if you interested, red stitiching with gti badge, it is multifunction and has the dsg paddles, on edition38

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have joined on Edition38 but it won't let me reply to your thread yet on that, presume becuase I'm a newbie on there. Can you PM your best price on here?

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts