Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly hello all, new to the forum........Im thinking of selling my car and not sure how much I may get for it so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Its a silver 2000 W 1.8 gti, chipped to 200 bhp and has 103,000 on the clock. Usual spec. With some service history receipts etc. It needs some minor body attention - 1 wing mirror scraped, some paintwork attention on boot but no rust. It is due a service and has no road tax. M.O.T'd til July 2011.

Anyway Im just not too sure what to ask for for it, Ive had a look on Autotrader etc. to see what kinda money people are asking for........Im thinking of asking for £1495 ono.........does this sound about right??

Any help appreciated, thanks folks! :)

Jenny

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
well pics would help but i would say put it up for 1795 or 1850 which means the person buying it will want to knock it down and you'll end up getting around 1400-1500 for it probably.

·
Registered
461 Posts
sounds a resonable price considering there is no tax, maybe worth a tad more, or easier to sell if you put 6 months on it.

where are you located?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Id go for 2 grand with tax yeah, uts got mot and thats the main worry not tax, i thinku could even squeez 2200 if the paintwork would be as minor to fix as you say

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok guys thanks for the replies.....

sooooo maybe a stupid question but how the hell do i get pics on?? Ive just taken some.

Sainte86 Im located in Cumnock in East Ayrshire.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Upload pictures to flickr or photobucket (or a similar photo hosting site) and the paste the IMG code in the square type brackets into your forum post. (it says share to: message boards / forums next to it) [:)]

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Id go for 2 grand with tax yeah, uts got mot and thats the main worry not tax, i thinku could even squeez 2200 if the paintwork would be as minor to fix as you say
3 door is a bit harder to sell imo but if you do manage to sell it the person buying it probably wouldnt mind paying slightly more for it if he/she likes it. 2200 may be a bit optimistic

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
sorry but this is getting silly, not your car mate!just the price's!!

a good nick mk1 can go for £8k+

a good nick mk2 .. £2k+

same for mk3's

mk4's .. ffs you can pick up one for the same price as a mk2, its pure madness!!

payed £3300 for mine 18 months ago, would be lucky to get £2500 for it with all the mods on, really annoying to see how quick the cost of a mk4 gti has dropped in the past couple years and with the cost of insurance going up its getting to be purely piss taking imo.

anyway, i babble lol.

would put yours up for £2500 then come down to £2200, ALWAYS put it up for atleast £200 more than you want for it cos ppl will come see it saying "oh a scratch" and even if they want it they'll walk away if you dont drop the price.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
i sold my Audi a3 for £2200 with brand new coils, mint RS4 18" alloys with 4 decent boots, dressed up bay, loads on interior mods, strut brace, Tax MOT tints loads... it had a scratched arch and a dented front bumper (thanks to a mate being a boobie)

That was a year ago, prices have dropped more since and mk4s are worth less than a A3. Mods on cars account for nothing when selling. I normally Put them back to standard as it 1, de chavs the car an attracts a wider sales market, and 2 you have other parts to sell or keep. i just didnt have time with the Audi to do so. so li lost a good grands worth of extras with the sale of the car

Good luck with sale n all that but any minute the Forum police will ba along to delete this thread as its basicly a for sale thread!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok guys defo not an ad for selling my car, only asking advice as I stated at the start of the thread! :)

Thanks for all the info, and for the record 'he' is a 'she' :)

Think am gonny put it up for sale for £2000 and see how i go. Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts