Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time I got some pics on here so here goes...

My Mk4

Posted Image

My Mk1 back in the summer before I got the Mk4. Still got it but sadly it no longer gets used at the moment, hoping to install the G60 engine i bought for it very soon ready for next years shows [:D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think i could part with it at the moment to be honest mate, would like to finish it off with the new engine, drive it over the summer and then make a decision. Took years to build so its kinda hard letting go of it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Really nice mk1 there, bit cleaner than mine lol

Did you have much trouble finding a g60 motor? I'm looking out for one to replace my 16v with but they seem a bit thin on the ground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the positive responses you guys, didn't realise the Mk1 would go down well on a Mk4 forum!! will try and post a couple more pics of the Mk1 later when I get home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote: posted by Team Beer on 10/11/2004 08:45:27

Really nice mk1 there, bit cleaner than mine lol

Did you have much trouble finding a g60 motor? I'm looking out for one to replace my 16v with but they seem a bit thin on the ground.

Funnily enough i was actually looking to go 16v, but an advert appeared in the autotrader of all places and i made the decision there and then to go for it. That was a year ago so not too sure how hard they are to find now, and of course whatever the price you need to add on the cost of a charger rebuild [:(]

·
Registered
574 Posts
I wasnt really into the older cars, but one of my best mates i met at uni has always liked them, he had a mk2 8v 1300, and a mk2 G60 Rallye, unfortunately he had to sell his G60 when he started uni, hes currently looking for one of the first shape MK1 shell, aparently he says they had smaller rear lights!

So hes got me into appreciating the older things in life, cars too..

...and that mk1 is SWEET...

...and the MK4's alright, not bad, but that MK1, damn!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts