·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive tried everywhere for a debadged grill without success something
about its not a stock item and has to be ordered espescially, ideally
the mattig one.

Is it a stock item or how long would it take for you to get them in?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We normally keep the Mattig grilles as a stock item, however i dont
what's up with them lately but nothing has come through from them for
months, i expect that them closing for their usual summer holidays has
put production back on these.. I couldnt promise any delivery
time on these whatsoever at present :(

We keep the FK grilles in to cover us at the moment, not the greatest of fits! but just ?39+vat

·
Registered
602 Posts
We normally keep the Mattig grilles as a stock item, however i dont what's up with them lately but nothing has come through from them for months, i expect that them closing for their usual summer holidays has put production back on these.. I couldnt promise any delivery time on these whatsoever at present :(

We keep the FK grilles in to cover us at the moment, not the greatest of fits! but just ?39+vat
take a ticket and join the queue for the mattig one. I ordered mine on the 8th of august. I've seen the fk and ebayones and they are not good. If your going to the trouble to have the bonnet properly filled and sprayed as i am when my grill comes in you may aswell wait for the best grill.

Hey ade if it comes in near xmas time you going to gift wrap it for me?? [;)]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for your response, best play the waiting game I think.

Its always best to wait for something which is perfect than to make do with something with is inferior like the FK grill.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ade, is there any badgeless grille made that is
a good fit for a R32 bumper? My JOM one was a terrible fit with
it.
Sorry im not Ade but the Kamei or Mattig grills appear to be a good fit from pics I have seen but steer well clear of the FK job.

Depending how soon youre planning on getting a debadged grill for your
motor, i may be able to let you know how good the fit is when mine
turns up in a few more weeks and I get it fitted to my R

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That would be spot on mate, are you going for the mattig? And is the kamei a debadged one or is it the mesh version(had it on an old car)?

Mattig would be ideal for me as my bonnet is already smoothed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im going for the Mattig grille because at that price it must be the best fit out of the lot [:)]

The kamei grille i refer to is the halfmoon shaped mesh one with the
Kamei badge on it but that badge can be removed quite easily.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes the mattigs fit the best of the lot, the Kamei is a good fit on the
1.8T's but doesnt fit the V6 engines well... you'd have to see how the
mattig fits on the V6 since a lot of grille manufacturers specify that
they dont fit the V6 models, however the mattig grille doesnt specify
this - we offer a refund if this is the case!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres hoping they get on it soon mate, my orders been in since August 26th, just waiting for that pesky Mattig grill I guess.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any updates yet Ade?

I thought the Germans were usually very good with customer service etc so whats going on here [:O]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes usually, i heard from them yesterday for the first time in weeks!

All we got out of them was something left yesterday for us, however i have no clue what!! a few thousand euros worth so is a big shipment! here's hoping the grilles come!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
We normally keep the Mattig grilles as a stock item, however i dont what's up with them lately but nothing has come through from them for months, i expect that them closing for their usual summer holidays has put production back on these.. I couldnt promise any delivery time on these whatsoever at present :(

take a ticket and join the queue for the mattig one. I ordered mine on the 8th of august. I've seen the fk and ebayones and they are not good. If your going to the trouble to have the bonnet properly filled and sprayed as i am when my grill comes in you may aswell wait for the best grill.

Hey ade if it comes in near xmas time you going to gift wrap it for me?? [;)]
Just to keep peoples options open.... I would not recommend any thing made by FK......., but.................. the grill is not that bad that the faults can't be fixed. For ?39.00 the grill is quite good value

You just need to spend a little time to finish the grill off. I had to rub the whole thing down to make it smooth and then I gave it to VW to spray.

If the wait is to long to get a Mattig one then go for the FK at half the price but be prepared to clean it up a bit

here's mine: (It fits perfectly)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts