Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if ther is a RECARO emblem embossed on the golf mark 4 leather recaro's, as I'm looking at some on ebay that state they are genuine recaros but there is no logo on them on the picture (can this be answered quite quick as the sale ends very shortly)  

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can I just ask a quick question, what model are those seats Standard in and how much are they second hand? Also are they heated?

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Can I just ask a quick question, what model are those seats Standard in and how much are they second hand? Also are they heated?

Cheers, Rob
Leather Recaro's were only fitted as standard in the MK4 'Colour Concept' special editions and were optional on the 'V' range and the GTI's, cloth Recaro's however were standard fit on the 1.8T from around 1998-2001,

They do have heating elements so can be heated (most were as the option pack was for heated leather recaro seats)

Second hand they are sooper rare and usually quite pricey, expect to pay around ?900 for good ones on the bay...

HTH [:D]

Steve

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Second hand they are sooper rare and usually quite pricey, expect to pay around ?900 for good ones.
Which is exactly what I paid for the set you see in the pictures above.

Sold my standard leather seats for ?630 though which was added to a ?300 bonus I had at the time [:)]

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Yeah, you're looking at about ?850 - 900 for a good set of black 3 dr ones on ebay ?800-850 for a 5 door set and slightly less for a beige set

From what I've seen door cards don't seem to make much difference in price on ebay

R32 interior is a different story most recent one went for 1040 but i'v seen them hit ?1200+ !

·
Registered
102 Posts
I reckon you would be best to get your cloth recaros trimmed in leather. I have thought about having my corrado seats for my mk1 re trimmed but just can't decide on which colour to go with. I have loads of options to pick from as I am in charge of the finishing side of a factory which finishes leather for airlines, cars, boats, upholstery etc etc. It also just so happens we make leather for Recaro for airlines.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whats the R32 interior like? Is that a full Leather one aswell? ?900 doesnt seem over the top for an interior, especially if its a full leather Recaro one which does look very very nice!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yeah, you're looking at about ?850 - 900 for a good set of black 3 dr ones on ebay ?800-850 for a 5 door set and slightly less for a beige set

From what I've seen door cards don't seem to make much difference in price on ebay

R32 interior is a different story most recent one went for 1040 but i'v seen them hit ?1200+ !
Less for the beige/cream set, me thinks not. They are as rare as rocking horse poo !!! and look the nuts, especially on a Indigo blue motor.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Less for the beige/cream set, me thinks not. They are as rare as rocking horse poo !!! and look the nuts, especially on a Indigo blue motor.
When I was looking the beige ones usually went for ?600 at the most.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I agree beige does rock, especially on Indigo blue ones but you need far more than with a black setup for it to work imho ie not just door cards and seats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts