1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to replace my door speakers, as one of the components seems
to have died. Please before i remove the door cards, can someone tell
me the size of the speakers?

Also if anyone has any recommendations of makes/models it would be appreciated!

cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade too, fornt and rear. Someone reccommended Alpines components. I'll be amping mine. Budget? hmm, no more than ?150 a pair. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi again,

i was going to just use the head unit at the moment; just looking for a decent set of components for the front, as the passenger speaker has seen better days!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are the tweeters easy to replace on the mark 4?

id prefer to get some comps, but if its a fiddley job i'll just keep the factory ones and get coaxials!

·
Registered
10 Posts
just been looking on the site and found this topic so rather than start a new one i thought id add here.

ive recently bought a 1.4s mkiv golf and im looking at components, have seen these and im wondering if theyre the right size etc ?

http://www.streetstyleautomotive.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=530

also can the front standard speakers be relocated to the back doors? exact same fitment? and as the last post in the thread asks are the stndard tweeters difficult to change over?

cheers in advance - Josh

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i have a set of r32 speakers if anyone would like to make me an offer for them?

that is 4 speakers and 4 tweekers/tweeters (however its said lol)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Is there anything fancy about the R32 speakers?

Or are they just the same as all the other MKIVs?
i honestly couldnt tell you sorry.

i bought them as my 1.6 doesnt have rear speakers. was going to fit them but decided i probably wont bother as i will be selling the car in a year or so and i havent got time right now [:cool:]

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Yes joshdub those Lanzar components will fit your Golf,yes the front speakers can be used in the back,and yes R32 speakers are the same as in every Golf from 1.4s upwards.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
hi will 17cm/ 6.5" speakers fit the golf mk4 as thats all they seem to do i cant find any 16.5 cm speakers? cheers rob
It's one of those awkward sizes where the different manufacturers agree to disagree.In most cases,16.5cm is the same as 17cm,or will at least fit the same sized hole.They are all near as damnit 6 1/2 in,the older 16cm is supposed to be spot on 6in,but some American and others are actually 6 1/4 in.Confused,you will be as they used to say!

Chris.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts