Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm new to this site but not to modifying cars! I have a MK4 Golf GTI which I want to be a R32 will the R32 kit fit it? .... I already have the R32 engine and (other bits) not sure it's worth trying to fit it all though!!!!! anyway I'm after the R32 front bumper, back bumper, skirts, spoiler and seats! I've been to the awesome-gti site but they dont have the prices for the bumpers and spoiler

Can someone tell me how much I can get these for? and if anyone has already had it done, how much was fitting and spraying????

Your help will be much apreciated!!! [|)]

·
Registered
850 Posts
Quote: posted by lynxrelease on 01/10/2004 19:03:53

I already have the R32 engine and (other bits)

how much did these set u back then?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Are you serious fella?? By the time you shoehorn all that in and alter the shell to take the 4wd, you may as well have bought and r32 to start with! A nicely modded 18T motor would be just as quick and loads cheaper. More sellable too!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by David on 01/10/2004 19:57:58

Bear in mind autovogue are replica kits, not original.

And Fibreglass IIRC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the engine replacement was an option which we have decided not to do! The money isn't a problem as my mate and I were going to do it all ourselves.... I got the engine cheap so it wouldn't have been an expensive job.

It's going to be ?2850 for;

AVR32 Aero Package - Fitted & Painted

AVR32 Roof Spoiler - Fitted & Painted

AVR32 Sports Rear Mufflers - Fitted Only

Set 18" RS4 Replica Wheels & Tyres

Set Ventura Sports Springs - Fitted

Set Silver Speedo Dials - Fitted

they say they need the car for 5 day's so it is done properly!!!! What do you all think? am I better off stopping the order and getting actual R32 kit???

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
It would have been better to get the original bodykit, ie r32 bumpers and side skirts, as the autovogue kits are made of fibreglass, a brittle material , your first slight scrape will result in the item cracking!!![:(] whereas the original parts are made of an injection moulded plastic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
DONT DO IT.....THERE KITS ARE PANTS!

FOR A START THE SIDE SKIRTS ARE WRONG! THEY DONT DO R32 SKIRTS....ASK THEM TO SEND YOU A PIC OF THE REAL SKIRTS THERE GOING TO PUT ON!

THE FRONY BUMPER LOOKS SIHT TOO...

i can oem r32 body kit from the factory for 1140 inc vat

DONT DO IT MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Rivet, are you able to get parts from the dealer with a big discount?, as the price quoted for the full r32 kit is very good, i,m still in two minds whether to go for the r line front or the r32 bumper, some people have told me that the r32 fits straight on to a golf turbo, and some have told me you need spacers and other bits, is this true?, i know that the r line kit was made for a `normal` golf so will fit straight on with no problems, is it just the vents that are open on the r line front bumper that are different from the r32 closed air vents on either side?

zak

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have put a smoothed original R32 front bumper onto my 1.8t Gti and it fits straight on, my wheel arch liners need replaced as they're not wide enough but other than that it's cool. Attachment in the outside grilles is by the mian bolts on the R32 bumper instead of the allen key screws on the original.......and you can open the outer grilles no probs with a stanley blade.[^]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts