Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday evening a woman in Solihull was carjacked on her driveway! The Husband and Son were stabbed in an effort of the the thieves to take her Golf GTI.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tanworth Lane, was on radio WM all day, the Police are now treating the case as attempted murder...

·
Registered
554 Posts
[:eek:] where in solihull?? As im from here myself and haven't heard nothing of that so far.
Yeah, where in Solihull ?? Its a big place now and I need to know if I should stop visiting my Mum in my car and take the wifes Bora, you dont have to be specific just name the area, thanks.

It seems that we all take a big risk driving 'nice' cars these days now security is getting better on our cars making the thieves job more difficult, Scum, get a job, buy your own !!![:mad:]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, where in Solihull ?? Its a big place now and I need to know if I should stop visiting my Mum in my car and take the wifes Bora, you dont have to be specific just name the area, thanks.

It seems that we all take a big risk driving 'nice' cars these days now security is getting better on our cars making the thieves job more difficult, Scum, get a job, buy your own !!!
Angry [:@]

Apparently the lady had been shopping at tesco's, they didn't say which one, butsuspect she was followed back from there, I'm the other side near Sutton Coldfield....

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Either way i feel sorry for the woman and the husband and kid, theres
just no need for it, if i ever came in that situation id just hand the
keys over after all its only a car and thats why you pay for insurance.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
All you need is simple auto lock to avoid this kind of thing..

And to be vigilent when getting out of your car in the dark.

I cannot recommend my Clifford alarm enough.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Still i know solihulls a prime target for theifs as theres a lot of
expensive cars driving about i remember the day i saw a V6 4mo silver
with black windows i went up quite close to it while driving and saw
that the guy drivin it was about the same age as me (17) typicall chav
ye and then i looked over to his mate i presume and had a machettin in
his hand after that i got out of his way as i knew that the car must of
just been robbed because after that they just thraped the car and went
through a few red lights.

Sat

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Absolutely horrifying but sadly getting more and more common place. This society's getting more and more of a wrongun I think half the time.

I feel equally for all three - the two guys that got the stabbing and her who probably didn't know WHAT the hell had hit her.

The rate things are going the GTI5 and R32/5 will probably see insurance premiums go the same way as the R32/4... Gees and I'm on 1800 already [:mad:]

C

·
Registered
894 Posts
All you need is simple auto lock to avoid this kind of thing..

And to be vigilent when getting out of your car in the dark.

I cannot recommend my Clifford alarm enough.
You've got to get in & out of your car so an autolock will not stop thugs armed with knives who want your car keys.

It doesn't just happen at night, just as likely to happen in broad daylight even in a busy area.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Thing that gets me is that this is happening more and more to run of the mill cars. The GTI is a nice car sure, but car jacking used to be the reserve of thieves targeting 911's, Italian exotica, high end mercs & BMW's etc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thing that gets me is that this is happening more and more to run of the mill cars. The GTI is a nice car sure, but car jacking used to be the reserve of thieves targeting 911's, Italian exotica, high end mercs & BMW's etc.
Its a sad country when it becomes a liability to finally achieve all the things we work so hard for! If the bas*ards dont car jack you they break in and nick your keys! [:mad:]

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
All you need is simple auto lock to avoid this kind of thing.
Irish, surely you are not seriously suggesting an Autolock and an alarm will deter a nutter with a weapon who wants the keys to your car? He will get the keys and the Autolck keys and off he will go. Get a tracker - at least you will have some hope of seeing the car again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes lock the car when your in it and esp. at night when\if your in stop start traffic (which is more the norm lately) but as much as I love my car, at the end of the day thats all it is - a car. After doing various forms of martial arts for nearly 8 years I'd feel confident about defending myself, however if the wife was in that situation I've told her hand the keys over without question.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
All you need is simple auto lock to avoid this kind of thing.
Irish, surely you are not seriously suggesting an Autolock and an alarm will deter a nutter with a weapon who wants the keys to your car? He will get the keys and the Autolck keys and off he will go. Get a tracker - at least you will have some hope of seeing the car again.
How did they get into the car?? Probably ran up and pulled the door open!! If it was locked you simply put the car in reverse and run over the c**ts!

·
Registered
554 Posts
According to the news report the lady left Tesco's arriving home at @ 8 pm, the atrea she lives in is particularly nice but the actual road could almost be described as semi rural with limited street lighting, she pulled on her drive and was unaware of a blue Subaru parking at the bottom of her drive, it was when she had got out that they attempted to take her car but were interupted by her husband and 18 yr old son who put up a fight and both got stabbed in the process, the thieves did not get the car and sped off.

Both victims will make a full recovery and the woman is understandably in shock, especially as they have been targeted by burglars twice previously !!

Police believe the gang's main interest was to use the vehicle to commit further crimes rather than interest in the vehicle itself as there have been some 'similar incidents' reported.

On this occasion auto lock would not have helped but I can see the benefit at other times. At the risk of sounding like an old git " Whats the world coming to...."[:|]

·
Registered
401 Posts
This is just up the road from me, there was an R32 taken from Tesco carpark at knifepoint a couple of months back. Any idea whether it was a mk4 or mk5? The missus drives the golf most of the time now and regularly uses Tescos late at night!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts