Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, im having a problem with my door and ill explain the situation.

I have a VW golf mk4 (53 plate) and im now having some problems with my door. one day my dashboard started to say my "driver door is open" (the first day it kept flickering on and off but soon just got stuck on saying it wasnt closed)

after time of putting up with it, i noticed that the car door flood light was always on even when i locked the car with the key or the button. I then decided to remove the light, which now stops me using the button to lock the car (and yet the car still says my door is open)

I went and took my car for a diagnosis, but they couldn't find anything. Ive been looking around none stop to see how it can be fixed or mainly to find out which part of the car has gone funny.

One of my mates said he had something the same problem and it was to do with the little alarm button behind the drivers seat.... could that be right?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Elliot

·
Registered
927 Posts
** post edited with info from my other posts **

"i've had to remove the bulb from the driver's door on mine (i'm having the very same problem) and turn all the interior roof lights off manually til i fix it

what happens is the soldering on the sensors in the door lock module can crack and cause a failure in the connection, and either you need to remove the door lock module and open it up to re-solder the connections, or replace the whole module

here's a link of my own thread because i'm trying to sort mine as we speak, i've managed to get myself a door lock module to open up and inspect/repair, then i'll swap them over

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE GUIDES SHOWN BY IMAGEWERX in the 3rd reply on my thread, they're pretty good

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/399599/2733719.aspx#2733719

the fault can be intermittent, you need to also check whether the locking works properly too, all doors locking and unlocking correctly"

I'll point out that i had my door apart on saturday morning, replacement door module and window clips at the ready (i broke a window clip too ya see) and in all with the help of a friend i had this done in under 3 hours, and i'm the sort of person who's terrified of doing jobs like this, its not a hard job but it has its fiddly aspects

the guides on here are great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts