Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Golf Boot handle - paint bubbling

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
8K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Flamotronic 
#1 ·
Right, just been to the stealers as noticed the rear boot handle paintwork is staring to bubble. The nice young chap had a look and filled a form out to send to the body shop, who will make a decision on whether it is covered by the paintwork warranty, which i believe is for 7 yrs, my golf is nearly 4yrs old.

He told me several times he has seen it on polo's but never on a golf before?? Abyone else had this problem on a MKIV?

I'll post the 'BodyShops' responce once I get the call.

Paul......

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, doesn't look too promising, bearing these posts in mind will argue my case anyway! Did notice while at the stealers the new golf don't have a boot handle, wonder why!? I did point this out to the fella, who as you might guess just smirked & ignored me!!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/prushby/handle.jpg][/url]

First time tried the photo's on here, hope it works! Not cleaned it yet so far too ashamed to show rest of car, looks quite sombre compared to some of the membres rides!, will post some more once cleaned... Standard + Fox Evo 3's 17"

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Cheers mate, got the wheels after the wife kerbed the 15"'s that were on when i got it, do agree tho, need to change the centre caps, sent an email off to DashDynamics over a week ago but as yet have had no reply, don't suppose you know anyone else that does em? they need to be stick on? The wheels are Fox evo 3, 215 45 17. They look great when clean, nice & shiny ! Still no call from the stealers.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Still have no answer from the stealers, they didnt get back to me!, I called them 1 week from taking the car in, they apologised and blamed it on the guy who looked at the car leaving, they were gonna call me back in the aft, never did. Called them back on the Saturday and they gave me the number for the body shop, which i think was closed as it never answered. Called them thur this week and they still had no answer for me, called again yesterday and they told me I would have to 'bear with them'.

Not very good service at all, just so you know it's Hayseldens in Doncaster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.