Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[poll]

Guys,

Im changing my car soon, and I am kinda not sure what to go for out of these 3.

I've always had a soft spot for Golfs, but was wondering what you guys think.

Can you all please vote and put up a quick line as to why you voted the way you did?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I voted for the Audi, I'm a bit of a snob!! The Audi gets it purely for, from what I can see, or indeed work out from the limited discription, its the later mark to the golf!

·
Registered
811 Posts
From the choices above the Audi.......

But are they all the same price???

I would imagine that the Audi is a fair wedge more or a bit older... They are all great cars and if money isnt the issue its the Audi everytime for me. That said, as money was an issue for me I went Leon and got the LCR.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I voted Audi because it looks a lot nicer than the Golf IMO.  Even the new Leon looks pretty smart, but Audi just has more appeal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, for the limited detail

look at it asif money isnt an issue, I'm just interested in looks, performance,...

oh and yes its the newer shape A3 im on about! sorry

·
Registered
229 Posts
The audi is by far the best of those cars in my opinion, not a fan of the new golfs when not in gti spec, and the audi is a really classy car inside.....

Are you sure its 150bhp not 140bhp like the golf?

But yeah defo the audi in my books..... yes its a bit snobbish, but why not, we would all rather have the nicer product would we not. And I do think to compare an audi to a golf/leon it is a bit of a different league....

However looks and interior detail wise the audi would still be the one for me, even without a badge....

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had a 1998 A3 1.8T before my Bora and personally I don't think that the Audis are worth the premium over the VWs.
When it came time to part-ex it, I was offered ?7500 less then I'd paid for it 3 1/2 years earlier, so you don't get your premium price back when it's time to change either.
Add this to the fact that it seemed like every 6 months something small, annoying and expensive would go wrong requiring a visit to the stealer.

Just my 2p worth.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't understand this poll. If you have enough money for a new shape Audi A3 why compare, or ask opinions compared with a MKIV Golf? You might as well put a Porsche 911 in there as well.

As it stands I vote for the Audi.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Personally my vote was on looks - Audi, fairly bland. Golf, too many around. SEAT - g/f got a 1.6 one and the look and shape of it knocks spots of the other two.

Edit: 1.9TDI Leon - I guess that is the old shape one you are meaning since the new shape comes with the same 140 as the VW/Audi

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I voted audi because Leon's don't float my boat, I've heard a bit about clutch/gearbox probs with the golf, and I like the audi interiors better.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I voted Golf. I do like the look of the A3 put prefer the Golfs looks.

The Leon has never quite worked for me, it just doesn't look right IMHO.

In the end you really have to decide which one you like best - we are all different!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't understand this poll. If you have enough money for a new shape Audi A3 why compare, or ask opinions compared with a MKIV Golf? You might as well put a Porsche 911 in there as well.

As it stands I vote for the Audi.
I am interested in these cars, just coz i can afford the audi doesnt mean i like the new golf, i like the mk4 golf more thats all

1 - 20 of 29 Posts