Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got some simliar issues with my 01 GTI 1.8T 20V... I've been dealing with it for roughly a week now. I'll start the car and it will idle fine for about 10 seconds then start dropping down to 400-500 rpms doing all it can to not stall and you can really notice the car rocking it will do this till it stalls, it dosen't catch itself and bring the rpm's back up, when I'm actually driving it's not bad, sometimes when I come to a stop in a intersection it'll start doing it, then I get it up to like 2 grand and then let it come back down to idle rpm's then start to go... It got so bad once the check engine like came on (go figure) I put some injector cleaner in it and it ran fine for a few hours and the check engine light went out but not it's doing it again. I'm going to take the advice and get the throttle cable taken care of. I JUST bought this car, paid a good penny for it too. I had a mechanic lose a scan tool due to the fact I have an aftermarket CD player in there so I have to take that out and put the factor Radio back in. Big pain in my ass... I love VW mystery's...... Any ideas guys, let me know.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.