Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, which is better for a black car, megs Gold class or megs NXT, its for the wifes car so need something thats going to last as i dont get round to cleaning hers as much as mine, or any other suggestions?

When i do get round to cleaning it the paint work feels gritty even when its polished, she works next door to a scrap yard, must be dust and stuff blowing over, so will i have to get a clay bar aswell,

cheers

neil

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just my personal opinion, but you've gotta love the nxt, iv used both and found the nxt to give better results for less effort easier to apply etc... dont know if every1 will agree but it would be my choice everytime. [:)] HTH

·
Registered
593 Posts
Having used both gold class and nxt I have to say I much prefer the Gold Class on my metallic black paint. If you are willing to go the extra mile and use meguiars stage 1, scratch-x and then gold class you will not be disappointed.  If you want speed and ease then stage 1 and nxt will do a good job though, just not quite as good in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
hmmm, there are other products out there that are just as good if not better.

Broaden your horizon :)
<COUGH>Clearkote <COUGH>[:p]
Gota agree with OX, the clearkote is the shizzle, if your into applying regular applications of the stuff that is, but for a "once every 3 months" kind of thing you wont go wrong with the NXT or GOLDCLASS, but TBH, of the 2 the NXT works better on Black.[Y]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers guys, went for the nxt, should have waited and read your post before i jumped in, never mind not like its gonna last forever,prob use most on my car anyway lol, guy in my work rates Fast Wax, ever heard of it? comes in a litre size bottle, nice smell though [:p]

as for the showery weather, well i work in a garage so can use the valet bay[:D] although their stuff is naff, heavily watered down muck.

neil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts