Sem sold the TDI 110 partly because he wasn't doing the mileage, but since getting the S3 he got a promotion/new job which entails 20k+ miles a year, so it wasn't financially viable to keep/use the S3. An Anni TDI on the other hand ticked all his boxes.
Ok, i've shook hands with the owner but have not paid a deposit yet....
I have agreed to purchase it on the following conditions:
1) 4 new tyres are fitted, fronts are below legal limit and rears are on the wear indicator.
2) New brake pads all round
3) A warranty claim is made for the alloys as all are showing signs of corrosion (no kerbing tho whatsover so the dealer can't refuse 
4) 30k service is completed
5) Finance is cleared and a HPI does not return anything negative
1) The car is straight and i'm 99.9% sure it hasn't been in an accident
2) Very few stone chips on the front bumper/bonnet
3) No visible dents, dings or swirls.
3) Comes with a tuning box - an expensive one, PSI? (but i'll sell that and get REVO)
4) Low mileage (28k)
5) Drives beautifully
1) Anniversary plaque is missing
2) Brake callipers faded and look pink lol
3) Scuff on rear bumper so will need a 'chipsaway' type of repair
4) The interior plastics had been cleaned with a gloss finish cleaner and it looked awful.
5) Paintwork needs a good going over with a claybar!
6) Scratch on glovebox (quite deep) so may get a replacement from a scrappy.
Although it's not one of the best examples i've seen, it's certainly not the worst and the bargain price makes up for the minor problems!!
The saving i'm making on the car outweighs the expense required to correct the minor problems so I thought i'd shake on it. I guess all it needs is a bloody good clean inside and out and I mean the works - claybar, handglaze, wax etc... i'm sure it will come up like new.
And the other things can be put right over time such as respraying the callipers and getting the rear bumper scuff sorted.
I suppose i'm a bit of a perfectionist and these little things may not bother most people but I know once these are put right the car will be an absolute minter!
My callipers have faded a little - I think this is due to the MC2 wheel cleaner. Still I don't think it's going to be hard to repaint them (or just buy porsche callipers). Sounds good mate, I'm sure it'll be fine.
A forum community dedicated to Volkswagen Mark 4 owners and enthusiasts in the UK. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more for the Golf, Bora, Jetta, Touran, and Scirocco!