Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car hasn't been back to the dealers for about 4 months and I was really trying to last out till the next service but I can't...rattles have got the better of me again...

So its booked in on 28th September for 2 days for :

- Phone cradle rattle - "fixed" 3 times already

- Driver's door window rattle - a new one on me ! I have to drive with my elbow on it now.

- Passenger door trim / door handle rattle - "fixed" 4 times already

- Overhead light switch / sunroof panel rattle - "fixed" 3 times already

- Headlining on drivers side around sunroof rattle - it is not attached to the roof

- Satnav says M25 closed between 8 and 10 - closed for 3 months now apparently !!

I can honestly say ( and I know I've said it before ) that this must be the worst built car that I've ever owned and I hate it. The front tyre wear is just shocking - I mean, the were bald on the front inners after 16000 miles. Bald ??!! [:O] My BMW lasted 25000 miles for its tyres and then they were just low on tread.

Oh well, only another 2 years til I can change it for something else

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The front tyre wear is just shocking - I mean, the were bald on the front inners after 16000 miles. Bald ??!! [:O] My BMW lasted 25000 miles for its tyres and then they were just low on tread.
[:|]

Do you drive like ya pants are on fire though? You've got a fair amount of power going to the front wheels whereas your Beemer only had to cope with steering and braking at the front.

My car's on its 4th set of tyres in 5 years, the fronts were almost bald in way less than 16K, in fact I only had a full new set a couple of months or so ago and my fronts have lost at least 2mm if not 3mm already [:S]

·
Registered
873 Posts
gotta love VW. I have a 5 year old car that runs perfect and not a squeek or rattle anywere. You have a new golf and have endless problems. Nothing like being poor and getting the better deal lol. Even if you didn't pay for the car. I still feel good about myself lol. GO MEE!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have a new golf and have endless problems.
ain't that the truth ! add to that 1x new turbo and 1 x new ECU, 1 x lose earth which lead to 17 breakdowns / non-starts in 3 months, paint quality issues, dealer incompetance....[|-)] the list is almost endless

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
16K for a set of fronts isn't bad though is it? The rosso's my A3 came with laster 12.5K before the where illegal. I have just managed to get 19.5K out of the F1's I fitted to replace them thouigha dnthat is with the car running code.

J.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
16K for a set of fronts isn't bad though is it? The rosso's my A3 came with laster 12.5K before the where illegal. I have just managed to get 19.5K out of the F1's I fitted to replace them thouigha dnthat is with the car running code.J.
LOL...can you tell I am not giving my posts 100% of my attention!

What that last bit should say is: I have just managed to get 19.5K out of the F1's I fitted to replace them though and that is with the car running code.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.