Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the glove box out today and when i went to put it back in i noticed the switch mechanism for the glove box light had come apart.

I tried to piece it back together but couldnt work out where or how the spring is positioned.

Any ideas or pics?

Heres some pics;

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
You'd have more chance of doing delicate brain surgery wearing boxing gloves than will ever have of puting one of those back together without one to copy.I gave up with mine ad bought a new one,only about £6.

Chris.

·
Registered
454 Posts
How to make yourself rich in 3 simple steps!!

1) place a swear box next to yourself

2) set about fixing the glove box light

3) Don't stop till job done!!

Took about 3 hours to figure how each part needed to be compressed and the fitting order before I finally had it working again. A picture to copy is essential except the one I finally googled was blurred to half the help of these pics.

Some superglue where the 2 main halves meet to stop them coming apart does not hurt even if you gave up and bought a new one!! Be careful not to over apply though as the lens will fog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I want to change the bulb to led. Accidentally it fall a parts but finally I
build it thanks to the pics here.

Do you know what the positive side is and negative?

This is very important while placing led bulb instead of regular one.

Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice pics old_no7 [Y]

I just had my glovebox out to disconnect the dreaded V71 and my light fell apart during refit. Kept all the bits so I can have a crack at putting it back together.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts