Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y'all. This is my first post [:)] and it's a very boring one unfortunately...

OK, the glove box light in my Mk IV Golf wasn't working. So I took it out with the intention of putting in a new bulb, but the damn thing just came apart and now I am left with a black piece of plastic and a small spring which I have no clue how to fit to the rest of the thing.

Anyone know how the hell it all fits together? I think I may need a picture in order to understand. I would be impressed if anyone can explain it in words! Unless it is completely simple and I am just being a moron (quite likely).

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
welcome!

mine was the same and just bought a new one! about ?7! Compared it to my attempt at fixing it and the spring is on pretty tight!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybes I should just fork out for a new one then but it's frustrating being defeated by the damn thing grrr!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
hahaha, same sort of thing happened to me [:D] a mate put mine back together but i put it in wrong so it was off when you opened the lid and on when you shut it so i took it back out and it fell apart again!

its now in pieces rattling inside my glovebox driving me insane [;)]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it must either be a very clever design and I'm too stupid to work it out or a feckin stupid design which was devised by a 16 year old design trainee in Hamburg or wherever!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Same happened to me too, when taking off the glovebox!

I doubt you'll be able to buy the light online, just got to a dealer they will have one in stock!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Jammy. I will do just that [:)] It's a shame noone seems to know how to put it back together but nevermind.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Quote: posted by simonreza on 28/01/2005 14:42:05

Cheers Jammy. I will do just that [:)] It's a shame noone seems to know how to put it back together but nevermind.

One of life?s mysteries! I think VW use it as a test before you can work in there garage! [:eek:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts