Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,781 Posts
Yeah Jon, as we will be meeting up for Autosport you can have a look in the boot if you have not seen it already. The pictures are on my home PC so I'll upload them later, along with a full description of the kit.

I'd better bring some choons too - although you have a disc for me we can demo [:D]

· Registered
2,781 Posts
OK, I?ve cut/pasted/edited a message from ChrisB to me when we were doing the deal on the car, and then there are a couple of pics;

This was supplied and fitted by the guys down at Hide and Fidelity (www.birdsauto.com). It makes use of the standard VW Gamma head unit and 6 disk dash cd changer as I wanted the system to be completely stealth. In the factory door position there are MTX 6.5" mids fitted into strengthened adaptor rings and the MTX tweeters are mounted in the factory position. In the rear for fill there is a set of 6.5" 2 way MTX components in the factory location (the rear VW tweeters have been disconnected as they were too close to the driver and spoilt the soundstage).

In the boot is where the trickery begins. The MTX 4 channel amp driving the front and rear speakers is mounted on the rear of the rear seats. This is also where the bridged MTX 2 channel amp for the subwoofer is too along with fuses and all the other technical gubbins Birds/H&F said I needed!! However, all of this equipment is on a mounting plate and attached to this mounting plate is a vented cover that H&F fabricated out of aluminium sheet, leather trim and matching boot carpet.

The boot and all doors are Dynamatted. Nothing shakes or rattles.

Finally in the boot there is a single 10" subwoofer by MTX. This is the only bit I could not get stealth as this would have meant losing the spare wheel and putting the sub in there. However, it's not too intrusive in the boot as MTX seem to have pioneered big bass from small enclosures and it sits quite happily in the corner of the boot. Overall the quality of the sound system is superb whether being listened to at low or full volume, classical music or proper house - it's perfect and you can't see any of it!!

Posted Image

And soon after I bought it from Chris I needed more bass so the 10? sub was swapped for a 12? MTX sub, and I haven?t looked back, except when I try and get the baby buggy in[:D].

Posted Image

· Registered
2,781 Posts
Quote: posted by geoff_clio182 on 12/01/2005 23:36:17

Relfex TDI - I didnt have you down as someone who cruises along with the bass up!

House music all night long[:)]

and its so well soundproofed you can't hear it too much from outside.[8D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.