Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
As one or two know,i have genesis amps and focal components.I am not frightened to recommend this setup to anyone,as the results are quite astounding.It's a total sound quality setup,but for best results,needs expert attention at some time during the installation.

· Registered
167 Posts
Quote: posted by icedub on 19/01/2005 14:49:11

Foxy, you could try what has been suggested, if good enough you've saved yourself some cash/ time/ effort. When using the amp to drive the speakers you would probably be using the high pass crossover anyway, to prevent the speakers trying to reproduce what they are unable to - they will sound far cleaner like this anyway, and chances are go as loud as you require.

I would still look at a four channel amp though, that way to remove the sub box would just be unplugging a set of banana plugs - rather than rca's/ power/ ground/ remote connections. Just a suggestion.

Yes,definitely a lot less hassle.As a guide,some 4 channel Genesis amps only require a single set of rca leads to work properly.In other words,i can run a bi-amped set of Focal Utopias off a single rca lead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.