Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my options?

where do i get the replacement trims from?

how much roughly to change all the fake wood kak that comes in the 1.8t?

cheers

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well you could change it for the standard black trim if you like (you'll be able to get that from most breakers) or like most, go for the aluminium trim, that's the best one to go for IMO, i too will be scrapping that awful wood trim [:mad:] when i can afford the full Aluminium trim set! But at around ?170-180 it's not cheap! [:$]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Most people on this forum go for the alu trim as said, I know I did....

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you do decide to get it, the man to speak to on here is Shaq, just send him a pm and e should be able to sort out a price for you.

There are other options like checking out eBay, VW Speed, etc but as said the full kit can be a bit pricey....

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Get yourself some cream leather Recaros and trim, the wood looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Guys, bit of a TW*TS remark I know, but I had to get it in !!![:#]

·
Registered
88 Posts
What are my options?

where do i get the replacement trims from?

how much roughly to change all the fake wood kak that comes in the 1.8t?

cheers
You could always go for the carbon fibre trim.....a little harder to find but looks the nuts! Very discrete and looks good.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Or you could be a cheap skate and paint over it all like I did!!

Managed to get a good finish and painted it the same colour as my motor!!

(Pics are available on request).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi.

The wood trim all prises off pritty easily with the aid of a screwdriver in places. For a few quid go down to halfords and get some plastic primer and then just spray it any colour you want! Not hard to get a pritty decent finish. I went for silver myself and its not too far off the alu trim look. Saved me over a ?100! Perhaps im just pikey! lol

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hi.

The wood trim all prises off pritty easily with the aid of a screwdriver in places. For a few quid go down to halfords and get some plastic primer and then just spray it any colour you want! Not hard to get a pritty decent finish. I went for silver myself and its not too far off the alu trim look. Saved me over a ?100! Perhaps im just pikey! lol
Exactually what I did mate, see for yourself, not a bad job if I do say so myself:

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You could always go for the carbon fibre trim.....a little harder to find but looks the nuts! Very discrete and looks good.
There's also a look like carbon fibre which is a very dark metallic with cross-hatching on, my Bora 1.9TDI S had it as standard. I would like to get hold of that from somewhere for the Golf, I keep looking on ebay but it doesn't come up.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
There's also a look like carbon fibre which is a very dark metallic with cross-hatching on, my Bora 1.9TDI S had it as standard. I would like to get hold of that from somewhere for the Golf, I keep looking on ebay but it doesn't come up.
If I am not mistaken then the effect that you are talking about is called the 'Dark Mytle'?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I actually found someone selling that carbon fibre trim on ebay the other day, so it may be worth having a quick look if your after it.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts